If you or a loved one recently suffered injuries due to a truck accident, a lawyer serving Miramar may be able to help you fight for compensation. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC at 800-630-9229 to begin your free case evaluation.
Every collision on the road is unique, and more factors may apply when you experience a truck accident versus a regular car accident. Commercial truck regulations and business ownership need to be considered after a truck accident, for example. The aftermath can quickly turn into a situation that involves multiple parties.
Florida Insurance and Truck Accidents
Florida classifies as one of 12 states that follow no-fault insurance laws. This means that whenever a car or truck accident happens, victims must initially seek recovery through their own insurers, regardless of fault in the accident. In more serious truck accidents, you may qualify to seek compensation for serious bodily injuries.
Some businesses are more cautious with insurance liability than others, so the amount covered may vary. The financial recovery you claim simply needs to directly relate to the accident. You may qualify to make multiple claims. Our truck accident lawyers serving Miramar may guide you through the process, keeping your interests at the forefront of their minds.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Miramar, call 800-630-9229
Legal Options if You Suffered Injuries in a Truck Accident
After a truck accident, you may have a case if you can prove that your injuries happened as a result of the driver’s negligence. You may also have the grounds to hold the driver’s employer liable for the accident if the driver acted negligently in the scope of his employed responsibilities.
Reasons for truck accidents may include:
- Poor Visibility: Driving at night, in bad weather, and with sun glare can affect visibility.
- Brake Issues: Failure to brake or mechanical issues with brakes can lead to rear-end accidents.
- Distracted driving: Actions such as texting, eating, adjusting the stereo, looking at navigation apps, and talking on the phone can impair judgment and slow reaction times, according to the Federal Highway Administration.
- Impaired driving: Truck drivers work long hours, and tired drivers prove just as dangerous as ones under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Mechanical failure: Failure to maintain vehicle inspections, even with something as simple as headlights, can cause an accident later while on the road.
- Cargo size and weight: If the trailer exceeds weight limits or has unevenly distributed cargo in the trailer, accidents can occur.
- Securement of Cargo: If workers fail to secure the cargo properly, items can fall off the trailer and cause harm to other motorists.
If you suspect any of these reasons caused your truck accident, call Ben Crump Law, PLLC at 800-630-9229.
Damages After a Truck Accident
After a collision with a truck, significant losses can occur, and you have a right to seek compensation for multiple reasons. Remember, every case has unique circumstances.
Your truck accident case may enter local civil courts. Some claims you may consider making after a truck accident can include:
- Personal Injury: Florida’s statute of limitations §95.11, generally allows a person four years to file a personal injury claim. Personal injury claims may include initial and continued out-of-pocket expenses for medical bills, lost wages, loss of ability to earn wages, prescriptions, and other medical necessities after the accident.
- Property Damage: In a truck accident, your insurance adjuster may evaluate anything that requires repair. This will include your car and any valuables damaged as a result of the accident.
- Wrongful Death: In certain cases, you may seek compensation for emotional and financial damages from losing a loved one, if the accident resulted from someone else’s negligence. One typically has two years to pursue a wrongful death action on behalf of their loved one.
In some cases, you may reach a legal settlement without stepping a foot in court. In order to receive the fair compensation you deserve, your lawyer may advise taking your personal injury lawsuit to court to ensure compensation for future losses associated with ongoing medical conditions caused by the accident. Our team of lawyers can evaluate your case and advise you on how a court may receive it. One of our truck accident lawyers serving Miramar may help you make an informed decision about viable legal options.
Miramar Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-630-9229
Let Us Handle Your Truck Accident Case
When a truck accident happens, the litigation process can get messy. We aim to defend your rights so that you can get the fair compensation that you need to get back to living a normal life after the accident. Our team will handle the necessary legal processes while keeping your interests in mind. You do not have to handle something as catastrophic as a truck accident case alone.
Click to contact our Miramar Personal Injury Lawyers today
Get Help from a Truck Accident Lawyer Serving Miramar Now
Truck accidents cause serious injuries or death, and you have a right to legal representation to pursue compensation. If you or a loved one suffered injuries or a family member lost their life due to a negligent truck driver, the truck accident lawyers serving Miramar at Ben Crump Law, PLLC want to handle your case. Call us at 800-630-9229 for a free consultation.
Call or text 800-630-9229 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form