Aggressive driving is dangerous in any setting, and a busy metropolitan area such as Orlando can be a particularly risky place to drive without caution. When a motorist chooses to throw caution to the wind and drive their vehicle in an aggressive fashion, they also choose to be liable for any accident that they cause (whether they are aware of this decision or not).
If you or a loved one were injured by an aggressive driver in the Orlando area, then an Orlando aggressive driving accident lawyer can help you pursue compensation for your losses. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at 800-959-1444 for specific details about how we may assist you.
Identifying Aggressive Driving
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) identifies a few motorist behaviors that are “risky” and fall within the list of aggressive driving. Some of the behaviors that may qualify as aggressive driving include:
- Driving too closely to the vehicle in front
- Weaving through traffic
- Merging lanes in a dangerous fashion
- Turning with very little clearance between oncoming vehicles
- Honking excessively
- Approaching other vehicles at rapid rates of speed
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Running yield signs
- Failing to stay in one’s lane
- Engaging in menacing behaviors towards other motorists or pedestrians
- Driving on parts of the road that are not permitted
Aggressive drivers show a disregard for the safety of other motorists, passengers, and pedestrians, and their behaviors could be the direct cause of your accident. Findings published by the Insurance Information Institute (III) suggests that aggressive driving could be the cause of more than half of fatal motor vehicle accidents.
A lawyer may be able to pinpoint the precise aggressive driving behaviors that caused your accident and, by extension, your injuries and accident-related losses.
For a free legal consultation with a aggressive driving accidents lawyer serving Orlando, call 800-598-7557
You May Experience Several Losses After an Accident
Motor vehicle collisions and pedestrian accidents can be traumatic, and you may suffer a wide array of losses if you were involved in a collision. Those losses may be economic in nature, and may include:
- Income that you lose because you are injured
- A forced change in professions because of your injuries
- Any decline in your earning power caused by your injuries
- Damage to your vehicle and other personal property
- The cost of diagnosing and treating your injuries
- The cost of rehabilitating your injuries
- The loss of ability to pursue professional or academic paths
You may also suffer losses that are not economic in nature but are nonetheless great. It is possible that the negative effect of your noneconomic losses could be even greater than the direct financial costs. Some possible noneconomic losses from your accident include:
- Physical pain from your injuries
- Emotional trauma
- Psychological trauma
- Changes in your personality
- Harm to your cognitive abilities
- The loss of a loved one
An Orlando aggressive driving accident lawyer can pursue compensation for all of the losses that have come and will come from your accident. Call the team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC today for a free consultation about how we may go about pursuing compensation for you or a loved one.
Orlando Aggressive Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-598-7557
Injuries from a Collision Can Be Severe
The types and severity of losses that you experience from your accident could depend on the specific injuries that you or your loved one suffered. Some of the injury types that could warrant you receiving compensation include:
- Whiplash, which Mayo Clinic notes, is a likely consequence of rear-end collisions in particular
- Broken bones
- Injuries to vital organs
- Traumatic brain injury
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injury
- Soft tissue injury
Being injured can keep you from working, which in turn may leave you without your regular income. The cost of treatment for your injuries may only worsen your financial standing, but you may have no choice but to pay for treatment if you wish to get better and return to work. This is an unfavorable financial bind, and you may not be responsible for the costs of your accident if you are not responsible for the collision.
A Lawyer Will Handle Your Case
Hiring a lawyer could be particularly beneficial if you are physically, cognitively, or emotionally impaired because of your accident. You may be entitled to collect compensation, but handling the potential stress of a lawsuit or insurance claim on your own could be detrimental to your health. A lawyer may be of great help under such circumstances.
You can expect your lawyer to handle all possible aspects of a claim or lawsuit, including:
- Advising you in the immediate aftermath of your accident
- Dealing with the insurance companies on your behalf
- Calculating your losses
- Negotiating an insurance settlement
- Explaining the benefits of a lawsuit if an insurance settlement is not possible
- Filing a lawsuit
- Collecting and organizing all relevant evidence
- Consulting experts and witnesses
- Making legal appearances on your behalf
- Negotiating a pre-trial settlement
- Completing a trial if necessary
Your lawyer may only get paid if they win compensation for you, and so their mission will be clear—to win compensation through a settlement or judgment. If they are successful, then you may be covered financially for both economic and noneconomic losses resulting from your accident. Covered losses could include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Damage to your vehicle
- The cost of transportation to and from doctor’s appointments
- Pain and suffering
- Losses related to a loved one’s passing
A lawyer could be a great asset as you seek compensation for an accident that caused injuries to you or a loved one.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC Today
The team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC wants to make sure that you or your loved one do not suffer any more harm than you already have. They will handle your lawsuit or insurance claim from start to finish.
Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at 800-959-1444 for more details about how an Orlando aggressive driving accident lawyer will fight for you.