When you give birth in Philadelphia, you expect top-flight medical care. You’re in a major American city – our doctors should have the training and resources to deliver your child without issue. The delivery was supposed to be one of the greatest days of your life, but a birth injury brought complications.
Your family will cope with your child’s condition, helping them lead the best life possible. Your child still deserves justice for what they’ve endured and what they may experience going forward. Let a Philadelphia birth injury attorney from Ben Crump Law, PLLC fight for your family.
We Give a Voice to Voiceless Victims Like Your Child
Ben Crump Law, PLLC knows the harm that birth injuries can cause. Medical malpractice is one of our primary practice areas. Because of this, we see many clients whose children have suffered birth injuries. Those families come to us for help because:
- Our greatest pride comes from giving a voice to the voiceless, including defenseless victims like your child
- Our firm has ample resources to use on your family’s behalf
- We provide the sensitive legal care that birth injury cases require
- We have proven results
Coming to terms with a birth injury is difficult for many parents. You may have had certain plans and dreams for your child, and those plans may not happen now. If you want a law firm that will fight hard for your child, then Ben Crump Law, PLLC is the firm for your family.
For a free legal consultation with a birth injury lawyer serving Philadelphia, call (800) 641-8998
Why Do Birth Injuries Happen?
Birth injuries can happen when medical professionals fail in one or more ways. When a doctor or medical facility fails to take every possible precaution, they put a child at risk. An obstetrician may cause a birth injury by:
- Using excessive force when delivering the child
- Using forceps or a vacuum device unnecessarily or dangerously
- Failing to account for maternal risk factors like preeclampsia and gestational diabetes
- Failing to monitor the baby’s heartbeat
- Failing to identify fetal distress
- Failing to respond quickly and appropriately to fetal distress
- Failing to order an injury-preventing C-section delivery
- Failing to monitor the child’s condition post-delivery
The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia explains that there are risk factors for birth injuries. Larger babies and those born prematurely may be at high risk. Doctors must be aware of potential risk factors and respond appropriately to them.
Medical facilities also have a duty to patients. They must ensure that practicing doctors are qualified and fit to deliver children. They must also provide the necessary resources and conditions for safe delivery. A medical facility may be liable for the negligent actions of its employees and contractors – including your doctor.
We Will Determine What Went Wrong and Who is Responsible
A birth injury attorney from Ben Crump Law, PLLC will find out the cause of your child’s injury. We can work alongside medical experts in Philadelphia when establishing liability.
Philadelphia Birth Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 641-8998
How Our Lawyers Handle Birth Injury Cases Like Yours
No two birth injury cases are exactly alike. We’ll take a personalized approach to your case by:
- Speaking with you about your delivery and your child’s injuries
- Working directly with your child’s doctors
- Investigating the cause of your accident
- Determining the appropriate approach to your case
Though each is unique, many birth injury cases follow a similar path. Our team generally helps families of injured children by:
- Gathering all relevant medical records: We’ll contact any party with relevant records, even if that party is a defendant in your case. We can obtain medical images, doctors’ notes, and any other insightful documentation.
- Consulting medical professionals about your child’s injuries: We can hire one or more experts to testify, explain your child’s injuries, or help in other ways.
- Filing your case and all related paperwork: Between the claim and supporting documentation, your case may involve significant paperwork.
- Interviewing witnesses: Those who witnessed malpractice may provide case-defining testimony.
- Negotiating a settlement: If we can negotiate a fair one, settling may be the ideal outcome for a sensitive birth injury case.
- Completing a trial: Defendants don’t always agree to a fair settlement. In such instances, our team fights for justice at trial.
Parents of injured children rarely have the time or energy for these tasks. Completing a birth injury case is not easy but is necessary for many families. Our firm will lead this process from start to finish.
We Handle Birth Injury Cases of All Varieties
If your child’s suffered a birth injury, then our firm can help. Because we work alongside medical experts, we’re prepared to handle any birth injury case type. Some of the most common birth injuries we see are:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Brain Injury
- Brain Bleed
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Erb’s Palsy
- Necrotizing Enterocolitis (NEC) from Baby Formula
- Fractured Collarbones
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)/Oxygen Deprivation
- Meconium Aspiration
- Bacterial meningitis/GBS Positive
We also help families coping with fatal birth injuries and stillbirths.
Why Should You Consider a Birth Injury Claim?
Filing a birth injury claim may not be on your list of things to do. Your child needs your attention, after all. Why should you even consider dealing with a birth injury case? Well, our firm will handle your case for you. We may need some details and records from you, but we’ll deal with the rest of your case.
Our team knows that your child needs your attention and energy, so we handle as much of your case as we possibly can. Secondly, your child will need treatment for their injuries. Medical costs—and other injury-related losses—can add up quickly. You may not have to bear such financial stresses. A recovery may account for:
- Your child’s treatment and rehabilitation
- Any specialized equipment your child will need
- Income your family loses while you care for your child
- Your child’s pain and suffering
- Your pain and suffering as a parent
- Any other harm caused by your child’s birth injury
Parents of injured children may only have one recourse: legal action. Hiring our firm may allow you to secure a just outcome for your child, even if it doesn’t undo your child’s injuries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC to Seek Justice For Your Child in Philadelphia
Starting a birth injury case can be a tough decision, but it may be the right decision. Our team will explain all the ways we will help your family. You may be surprised by how much of the process our attorneys will handle.
We’ll work diligently to resolve your child’s case in Philadelphia County. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at (800) 641-8998 for a free consultation.