Health care practitioners, including primary care physicians, hospital doctors, surgeons, nurses, and medical facility staff members, must provide the highest level of patient care and safety. When patients in Tucson, Arizona, are neglected, or practitioners make critical errors in their treatment plans, serious and life-threatening complications may result. Fortunately, patients who have suffered an injury or lost a loved one due to a medical mistake might be entitled to compensation, and a Tucson medical malpractice lawyer can help victims fight for awards.
Ben Crump Law, PLLC, is dedicated to serving victims of health care negligence.
Our firm understands the severity of a medically related injury and how these injuries’ potentially lifelong complications can impact both the patient and their loved ones. If you received subpar medical care, were wrongfully diagnosed, or lost a loved one due to a healthcare practitioner’s negligent actions, we can help you fight for awards. Let us go to battle on your behalf. Schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with a member of our team today at (800) 641-8998.
Recognizing Common Medical Malpractice Cases and Their Causes
Medical malpractice includes a wide range of both accidental and deliberate negligent actions performed by a health care practitioner. In some situations, the negligence is related to a doctor’s inability to provide prompt medical care. In others, it may be associated with a hospital or health care facility’s inability to accurately report the patient’s diagnostics.
The following are examples of health care negligence, errors, or injuries that can result in a medical malpractice case:
- Improper or insufficient sterilization
- Surgical mistakes, including robotic surgery errors
- Emergency room errors
- Birth complications and injuries
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Prescription drug errors or dosage mistakes
- Confusing patient charts
- Operating on the wrong area or limb
- Anesthesia errors
- Blood transfusion mistakes
- Failure to diagnose, delayed diagnosis, or wrongful diagnosis
- Device or equipment malfunctions
- Doctor inexperience
- Overexhausted or inebriated practitioner
For a free legal consultation with a medical malpractice lawyer serving Tucson, call 800-641-8998
Proving Medical Practitioner Negligence
There are several steps to follow if you wish to pursue your medical malpractice case in an Arizona court. Arizona Revised Statutes (ARS) § 12-563 explains the laws regarding the burden of proof for malpractice cases. As per the law, the injured party must present evidence proving the health care professional 1) acted negligently when providing their services, and 2) their negligence contributed to the patient’s injuries.
A Tucson medical malpractice lawyer can assist with this complex process. They can review written and/or video documentation regarding the injury, the health care provider’s records to determine if they have a history of negligence, and speak to all professionals present at the time of the incident. This process takes place to prove that the health care professional or facility failed to meet the expected standard of care, and by doing so, directly caused the victim’s injuries.
Some examples of how a health care provider might fail to meet the standard of care required of them include:
- The health care professional failed to act quickly and prudently when the patient experienced a medical emergency.
- The health care professional was intoxicated or tired after being forced to work extended hours.
- Insufficient tests were run to determine the underlying cause of an injury or illness.
- The wrong medication or dosage was administered.
- The patient’s charts were not thoroughly read, or they were confused with those of another patient.
- The patient was not asked about their allergies, or their allergies were ignored when administering medication.
If you are ready to start working with an attorney on your medical malpractice case, give Ben Crump Law, PLLC, a call today to set up a free consultation with a team member. We are ready to learn what happened to you or your loved one and advise you on legal options you might want to pursue.
Tucson Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near Me 800-641-8998
Potential Compensation for Medical Malpractice Victims in Tucson, Arizona
As a victim of medical malpractice in Tucson, Arizona, you may be entitled to a monetary award for your injuries, injuries for loved ones, or the wrongful death of a family member. If the burden of proof is established and you qualify for damages, the award might consider current and future expenses. Typical compensation for malpractice victims and their families may include but is not limited to:
- Reimbursement for current health care costs. This includes any additional fees or expenses you paid because of negligent medical care, such as additional surgery, antibiotics, rehabilitation, and mental health.
- Reimbursement for future health care costs. This payment is for any further medical, surgical, rehabilitative, medicinal, or mental health expenses you may incur in the future due to your malpractice injuries.
- Reimbursement for lost wages. If you or the primary provider in your family cannot work due to malpractice-related injuries or disabilities, your award may include compensation for current and future lost wages. The award may also consider future earning potential, such as the likelihood of a raise.
- Reimbursement for funeral costs. These are expenses that the victim’s family must pay related to funeral and burial or cremation processes.
- Non-monetary compensation. These include the non-quantifiable damages victims of medical malpractice may receive, such as compensation for pain and suffering and loss of companionship in the case of wrongful death.
In Arizona, you generally have two years to file a medical malpractice lawsuit, per ARS § 12-542. If you miss the deadline, you could lose your chance to hold those responsible for your medical injury liable and win awards you may be due. A Tucson medical malpractice lawyer can file your lawsuit on time.
Discuss Your Rights and Legal Options Today with a Tucson Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Doctors, nurses, surgeons, and other professionals working at a healthcare facility are always expected to provide a high standard of care to patients. When a provider’s negligent actions directly contribute to a patient’s injuries, compromise their health, or result in a patient’s death, the at-fault practitioner could be ordered to compensate victims and their loved ones.
As a victim of medical malpractice, you have the right to question your provider’s actions and may qualify for damages if you were offered subpar medical care. A Tucson medical malpractice lawyer can help you gather evidence to prove you or a loved one were offered below-standard care and hold responsible parties accountable for their actions.
At Ben Crump Law, PLLC, we are committed to helping you navigate the complex laws pertaining to medical malpractice and negligence claims. The effects of a health care provider’s mistakes can last a lifetime, but our firm will strive to attain justice for you and your family members.
You have already suffered enough after experiencing an injury or wrongful death due to medical negligence. Let us take on establishing the burden of proof and fighting for your awards so you can focus on recovering. Contact us today at (800) 641-8998 to request a free consultation so that a member of our firm can begin gathering evidence for your case.