For motorcyclists, their bike is often more than just a vehicle; it is a way of life. Unfortunately, this way of life comes along with a significantly increased risk of injury. Motorcycles are smaller and more difficult to see than motor vehicles, so negligent drivers can result in horrendous injuries for bikers. Less physically protected from impact, bikers involved in collisions often find themselves facing severe, potentially life-threatening injuries, expensive medical bills, and complicated claim processes.
If you suffered an injury in a motorcycle accident, or if you have lost a loved one as a result, dealing with the aftermath can be overwhelming. A Tucson motorcycle accident lawyer can help with the legal aspects of your case while your focus on your recovery. Call (800) 924-3113 for a risk-free consultation with Ben Crump Law, PLLC.
Next Steps After a Tucson Motorcycle Accident
The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) reports 2,676 accidents in 2019. The days and weeks after a devastating motorcycle accident can become overwhelming. Trying to recover from physical injuries, work through the emotional trauma, and face the extensive expenses that you’ve incurred can leave riders wondering how to proceed and where to turn for guidance.
In the immediate aftermath of a motorcycle accident:
- Seek Medical Attention Immediately: While most motorcycle accident injuries are severe and immediately evident, some can be more subtle, so all accident victims should seek medical attention to rule out long-lasting injuries. Additionally, documentation of these visits will prove useful in personal injury and wrongful death claims.
- Gather Accident Reports and Evidence: Connect with local law enforcement to secure a copy of the accident report, collect eyewitness accounts, and gather any photographs taken at the scene of the accident.
- Consult a Tucson Motorcycle Accident Lawyer: While the state of Texas does not require a helmet for those over the age of 18, many insurance policies allow policy-holders to try to deny coverage for those not wearing helmets. Taking advantage of a free consultation with a law firm may relieve the burden of filing claims and communicating with insurance companies off your shoulders and ensure your rights are being protected.
Understanding the physical pain, mental anguish, and sense of incredible loss that results from motorcycle accidents, Tucson motorcycle accident lawyers will work to make the claim process as stress-free as possible for you while fighting to create the strongest case possible.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Tucson, call (800) 924-3113
Legal Protections for Tucson Riders
Motorcyclists in Tucson enjoy a number of legal protections that come into play in the event of an accident-related injury. While these legal protections cannot undo the injury or—in the worst-case scenario—bring back a loved one lost in the accident, they work to ensure victims don’t have to add financial burdens to their emotional and physical injuries.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries may include:
- Head and brain injuries
- Spine injuries and paralysis
- Lacerations and bruising
In an effort to do its best to prevent such injuries, the Arizona Department of Public Safety reports that the law prohibits motorists from refusing to allow riders to use road lanes, prohibits passing riders in the same lane of traffic, and dictates the amount of space that must be left between a motorcyclist and a motor vehicle.
Still, despite these precautionary legal guidelines, accidents do happen. In cases of motorcycle accidents, a personal injury lawyer can work with you to determine who was at fault, communicate with the other driver and their insurance provider, gather all related evidence and documentation, and file and litigate for you in court if need be.
If you have been injured or have lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, acting as soon as possible is critical. Arizona Legislation gives riders two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury claim.
If you have lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, no amount of money can bring your loved one back but working with a Tucson motorcycle accident lawyer to fight for a fair and robust wrongful death settlement can provide your family with the ability to provide a proper burial without taking on the added stress of figuring out how to pay for it.
Tucson Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (800) 924-3113
Damages You May Be Able to Claim:
- Pain, Suffering, and Loss of Quality of Life: For riders, motorcycle accidents can be traumatic, and symptoms such a post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, and depression are common. Financial compensation will not take these illnesses away, but they will ensure you have the means to seek the help you deserve.
- Medical Bills: Often suffering from catastrophic injuries, accident victims are legally entitled to seek compensation for all medical expenses. These include current doctor visits, trips to the emergency room, diagnostic and surgical procedures, and ongoing rehabilitation services.
- Loss of Earning Ability and Wages: Due to the severity of common accident-related injuries, victims are often unable to return to work for weeks or months. For some victims, they’re unable to return to work at any point. In both instances, victims are entitled to file for compensation that covers their lost wages.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you do not have to try to tackle the legal terrain alone. Ben Crump Law, PLLC understands the devastation you have felt and will fight tirelessly to ensure you are compensated with the financial resources you deserve. Call (800) 924-3113 for a free consultation today.