When a car accident happens, it can be a traumatic event for everyone involved. An accident may have long-term effects on your life, including physical and emotional stress, and questions about what to do next. If you or a loved one were involved in a car accident, you could be eligible for financial compensation. There is a car accident lawyer serving Miami Gardens available to help you understand the legal steps you can take following an accident. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at (844) 638-1822 for your free consultation.
How a Driver’s Negligence Can Cause a Car Accident
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), over 23,000 people lost their lives in passenger vehicles due to accidents in 2017 alone. Car accidents can be the result of driver error or external circumstances such as hazardous road conditions and vehicle malfunction. Some ways drivers’ negligence can cause accidents include:
- Speeding: In 2018 alone, speeding claimed over 9,000 lives, according to the NHTSA.
- Improper or illegal turns: Improper or illegal turns, such as turning from the wrong lane or making an illegal turn on a red light, can also lead to car accidents. If you were in an accident with another driver making an illegal turn, you may be able to hold the other driver liable.
- Distracted driving: In 2017, distracted driving was the cause of over 3,000 deaths, according to the NHTSA.
- Following too closely: If a car rear-ended you after following you too closely, they may be liable for your damage.
- Dangerous lane changes: If a driver changed lanes without checking their blind spot or performed another dangerous maneuver, they may be at fault.
- Drunk or impaired driving: An average of nearly 30 people lose their lives due to drunk driving on a daily basis, according to the NHTSA. If a drunk or otherwise impaired driver caused your accident, you may be eligible for compensation.
If you or a loved one was involved in a car accident, understanding the causes can help you determine who was at fault.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Miami Gardens, call (844) 638-1822
Injuries That Can Occur in a Car Accident
Injuries sustained in a car accident can range from minor to severe. Less serious injuries such as muscle soreness, stiffness, bumps, or bruises are common in car accidents. More severe injuries such as broken bones, head trauma, internal bleeding, or even death can also occur.
The most important thing you can do if you were involved in a car accident is to consider your safety and health. First responders at the scene of an accident will often assess your physical and emotional state. While these assessments are crucial in ensuring you receive the medical care you might need, sometimes injuries are not immediately apparent. It can be days, weeks, or even months later that the physical symptoms of an accident become noticeable. If you did not receive care at the scene, we recommend you go to the emergency room or schedule an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible. This will ensure your health and help tie your injuries to the accident.
Beyond the physical repercussions, the trauma of car accidents can take an emotional toll on victims.
Miami Gardens Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (844) 638-1822
Potentially Recoverable Compensation in Your Accident
If you suffered an injury or experienced property damage or loss in a car accident, you could be eligible for compensation. This is not limited to, but could include:
- Expenses related to medical treatment
- Lost income and lost earning capacity
- Transportation costs
- Reimbursement for lost or damaged property
Injuries from a car accident may require medical treatment that can cost a lot of time and money. If you were not totally at fault in an accident, you may be eligible for reimbursement. This can mean treatment immediately following an accident, or future medical expenses related to the accident, such as ongoing physical therapy.
If you are unable to work due to a car accident, you may also be eligible for lost wage compensation. If you are able to continue your employment but need assistance getting to and from work, you could be reimbursed for these additional transportation expenses resulting from the car accident.
Physical property damage in a car accident is also potentially recoverable. This is not limited to your personal vehicle, as damaged items of value such as expensive electronics could be eligible for reimbursement.
Get Help from a Car Accident Lawyer Serving Miami Gardens
Car accidents are traumatic events that can change your life. Dealing with injuries, property damage, insurance companies, and the stress following an accident can be overwhelming. The sooner you speak to a member of our team, the more time you will have to learn about your legal options and the actions you can take. There is a Miami Gardens car accident lawyer or a lawyer serving Miami Gardens available to help you in this time of need. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at (844) 638-1822 to learn more about what you can do next.