Recovering from an injury is never easy. Besides worrying about financial losses, like medical treatments and lost earnings, you might not be able to return to your normal life for a while. If the injury is severe enough, it could affect you permanently.
Yet, if someone causes your injury in Missouri, the state allows you to take action. Ben Crump Law, PLLC is ready to start pursuing your losses today. You can begin a free case review and explore working with a Missouri personal injury lawyer.
We Manage These Practice Areas for Injured Claimants in Missouri
We help injured claimants recover damages after:
- Collisions involving buses, trucks, cars, and motorcyclists
- Birth injuries and other instances of medical malpractice
- Premises liability incidents, such as slips and falls
- Dog bites
- Defective and dangerous products
- Losing loved ones
- On-the-job accidents
- Burns and fires
Even if you don’t see your situation listed here, we encourage you to give us a call.
The Statute of Limitations for Missouri Personal Injury Lawsuits
You have a limited time to file your lawsuit in civil court. If you file your case outside of the deadline, the courts will refuse to hear your case. This could leave you with few options for seeking damages.
Your case’s filing deadline will likely begin from the date of your accident. However, some exceptions may apply. For instance, if you were hurt as someone under the age of 18 years old, you could have additional time to file your case.
You can trust that our team will file your case in accordance with the state’s deadline. We can also review whether any factors give you more time outside the standard filing period to act.
How Much does It Cost to Hire a Lawyer Serving Missouri from Our Team?
Ben Crump Law, PLLC serves injured people on a contingency-fee basis. To get our help, you don’t pay anything out of pocket. We don’t charge hourly rates – and we don’t charge retainers, either. We withdraw compensation from the financial recovery we secure for you. This makes legal aid accessible to everyone, regardless of their financial situation.
Recoverable Damages in Your Missouri Injury Case
Your recoverable damages depend on your specific case but could include:
You could recover compensation for your past, present, and future necessary healthcare expenses. Examples include:
- Emergency care
- Prescription medications
- Physical therapy
- Anticipated treatments
If your injuries and recovery kept you out of work, you can recover compensation for any wages you lost. Examples include lost:
Lost Earning Capacity
If your injuries forced you to work fewer hours, take a lower-paying job, or retire from the workforce, you can recover compensation for that lost income.
Pain and Suffering
You can recover compensation for any physical or emotional pain you endured. How much you can seek for pain and suffering depends on your condition, quality of life, and missed time from work.
Depending on your situation, you may recover additional losses. For instance, if you lost a loved one, you could seek recovery for their funeral expenses.
Ways to Seek Compensation for Your Injury in Missouri
You can generally seek financial recovery by:
Filing an Insurance Claim
Many insurance policies also include liability coverage. This helps pay for the expenses that victims accrue because of accidents that the policyholder causes. These insurance types include:
- Homeowners insurance: This covers injuries that happen on residential property.
- Auto insurance: This pays for damages that arise from car accidents. All motorists in Missouri are required to carry liability coverage, per the Missouri Department of Revenue.
- Business insurance: This compensates accident claimants for the harm they suffer while visiting a place of business, such as a retail store.
If the at-fault party has liability coverage, our injury lawyers serving Missouri can help you negotiate with their insurance company and pursue an appropriate amount.
Filing a Civil Lawsuit
A personal injury lawsuit can be your next option if:
- You cannot settle successfully with the insurance company or the at-fault party themselves.
- The liable party’s coverage is not enough to pay for your expenses.
- The liable party is uninsured.
Filing a lawsuit is harder than television makes it seem. It takes weeks of interviewing witnesses, preparing legal documents, and evaluating your legal options. You don’t have to worry about these obligations, however. Ben Crump Law, PLLC will take care of your lawsuit and everything it entails.
Our clients love how we advocate for them
On Avvo, some of our peers and previous clients have shared:
- “I first contacted attorney Crump while I was in law school because I was so impressed by the work he did for his clients on nationally televised civil rights cases. But attorney Crump does more than zealously representing his clients. He is also a leader in the legal community, taking on leadership roles in critical organizations and being a mentor to young attorneys.” – Tyrone A.
- “I endorse this lawyer. I am a lawyer in California but Mr. Crump’s work is visible all over the press. I endorse Mr. Crump in the civil rights and litigation arena and he is a zealous advocate for all of his clients.” – Sana A.
In addition to our countless client testimonials, we have also secured million-dollar outcomes. You can rest assured knowing that, with our team on your side, we will do everything possible to secure the best possible outcome.
Take a Step Towards Financial Recovery Today
Personal injuries are often difficult to recover from here in Missouri. Yet, you have options when it comes to recovering the damages you need. To get started, speak to one of our personal injury attorneys serving Missouri. We are here to work through the steps in your claim or lawsuit.
Ben Crump Law, PLLC has worked on civil cases throughout Missouri and the United States. We are devoted to standing up for your rights here in our country. If you want to discuss your injury case with us, you can call our team anytime to get started.