Serious personal injuries can be emotionally, physically, and financially draining. It’s especially distressing when they were caused by someone else’s carelessness.
Fortunately, Ohio provides legal recourse for injured claimants. Whether through a claim or lawsuit, you could seek recovery for a host of expenses, including pain and suffering. An Ohio personal injury attorney from Ben Crump Law, PLLC can manage everything your case requires. We’re ready to listen to your story today.
You Can Start a Free Case Review with Our Ohio Personal Injury Team
Your free case review allows us to assess your situation and explain your next steps. We can also answer your questions about recovering damages, which may include:
- How much can I recoup for my losses?
- Why partner with Ben Crump Law, PLLC on my case?
- What should I do after getting hurt?
- Do I have to partner with a lawyer on my case?
- How long will it take to recover damages?
Of course, we’re also ready to address any concerns you have about recovering compensation. We want to put your mind at ease while you weigh your legal options.
We Manage These Practice Areas for Injured Claimants in the Buckeye State
Some of our team’s practice areas include:
- Dangerous drugs
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Motor vehicle collisions involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, and buses
- Dog bites
- Fire injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Slips, falls, and other premises liability incidents
- Wrongful death
You don’t have to learn the law to pursue compensation for your injury-related hardships. We are staffed with professionals that used to be former prosecutors and criminal defense attorneys. Today, they seek justice in the form of financial recovery.
What You Can Expect from Your Personal Injury Attorney Serving Ohio
When you partner with Ben Crump Law, PLLC, you can rest assured that we will:
File Your Injury Claim with the At-Fault Party’s Insurer
Filing a third-party insurance claim is how many injured claimants recoup compensation for their damages. Chances are, the at-fault party in your case has insurance. For instance, Ohio’s auto insurance laws require drivers to carry liability coverage. So, if you were hurt in a collision, you could file a third-party claim with the driver’s insurance provider.
Our personal injury lawyers will gather proof to support your injury claim, such as security camera footage, witness testimony, and photos of the accident scene. We can also negotiate with the insurance company if it doesn’t initially accept your demand letter.
File a Lawsuit in Civil Court
Before we discuss how we’ll handle your lawsuit, there’s something you need to know. Ohio limits how long you have to file your case in civil court. One way to protect your right to compensation is to contract our legal team. We will manage your case’s deadline and everything else it entails, including evidence collection.
To promote your lawsuit’s resolution, we will:
- File your case to the appropriate court
- Notify the involved parties of your legal intentions
- Present the cost of your injury-related expenses to the judge and jury
- Explain your legal options
- Use witness testimony to support your case
- Prepare you to give a statement (if necessary)
- Take depositions and cross-examine witnesses
We Will Pursue Compensation for Each of Your Injury-Related Losses
Financial recovery should account for your past, present, and anticipated injury-related losses. We will use evidence to support your right to damages, which may include testimony from a healthcare provider or an accident reconstruction specialist.
Compensable losses in your case could include:
- Medical expenses: These may include hospital stays, medical procedures, doctor’s appointments, and prescription drugs.
- Lost wages or business income: If you were unable to work or tend to your business due to your injuries, economic damages could pay for your lost earnings, wages, bonuses, and other related losses.
- Assistive services: If your injury temporarily disabled you, you could also get compensated for any services you had to hire, such as child care or housekeeping.
- Property damage expenses. If your car was damaged or destroyed in a collision, your settlement or court award could account for this hardship.
- Funeral fees. Even a modest funeral can cost thousands of dollars. Compensation in your case could account for your loved one’s funeral, burial, cremation, and embalming.
You could also recoup damages that don’t have inherent monetary values, such as pain and suffering, mental anguish, loss of enjoyment of life, and more.
We’ve Recovered Millions for Injured Claimants and Their Loved Ones
Our results speak for themselves. Some outcomes we’ve secured for injured claimants include:
- $411 million. Our client, a U.S. veteran, suffered grievous injuries in a multi-car accident. We advocated for his rights and secured damages for his past and future losses.
- $8.7 million. Our client was a college student riding in a rental van when the vehicle flipped over on the highway. He was left permanently disabled by the incident. We settled this case in federal court.
- $5 million. A widow came to us after her husband, a popular preacher in southern Georgia, was killed in a drunk driving accident. The liable party initially offered $1 million. Yet, through our perseverance, we secured $5 million––a record-breaking outcome in the county.
- $800,000. Our client was a 19-year-old who lost her mother in a collision. Though liability was contested, we did everything possible to secure a just outcome.
While these results do not speak to your own case’s outcome, we hope they demonstrate our willingness to go the extra mile for injured claimants.
Get Your Case Evaluated by Our Legal Team Today
Getting injured because of another’s negligence or willful behavior can interrupt your life in ways you never thought possible. Yet, Ben Crump Law, PLLC is here to help you take action. Our personal injury attorneys are committed to doing everything possible to secure the financial recovery you need in Ohio.