As more people use public transportation to meet their daily transit needs, bus accidents are an unfortunate inevitable occurrence. Between the sheer size of buses and the number of riders on a bus at any time, these accidents can be devastating, upending lives in a single instant.
If you have been injured in a bus accident or lost a loved one to a bus accident, Ben Crump Law, PLLC, understands the pain you are experiencing. We are dedicated to seeking financial recovery for you that could offer peace of mind. By fighting for your rights, a Bakersfield bus accident lawyer can help you focus on what really matters—healing physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Call (800) 921-7227 to schedule a free consultation today. Our team can review your case, advise you on your legal rights, and act as your advocate if you hire us to represent you. From there, we collect nothing until you win.
Some Reasons Why Bus Accidents Happen
Several factors contribute to accident-related injuries and fatalities. The sheer size of an average bus lends itself to blind spots that can make it difficult to see other motorists. Drivers are often working long shifts and fighting exhaustion. Maintaining a bus and training drivers can be expensive, and some bus companies could cut corners to save money.
Regardless of the accident’s cause, these events involve dozens of lives. Bakersfield bus accident lawyers have worked with victims as they face the unimaginable. If you have been injured or lost someone in a bus accident, the reason behind the accident can feel insignificant compared to the devastation you are experiencing. While understandable, determining the cause is critical in seeking the financial compensation you and your family deserve.
If you are ready to learn what legal options you can pursue to hold the party or parties responsible for your accident, give Ben Crump Law, PLLC, a call today. We can speak with you more about the specifics of your case during a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a bus accidents lawyer serving Bakersfield, call (800) 921-7227
Your Rights as a Bus Accident Victim
California is an at-fault state. What this means for you, as a victim of a bus accident, is that you must prove liability to be compensated for your damages. You may want to work with a Bakersfield bus accident lawyer who can help you establish liability.
A Bus Accident Lawyer Can:
- Gather evidence: Police accident reports, eyewitness accounts of the crash, driver accounts, and video footage can demonstrate negligence in an accident.
- Consult experts: Medical specialists, financial experts, and more can advise your lawyer in inventorying your losses and ensuring the settlement you are offered is fair and covers your expenses.
- Handle negotiations and litigation: A bus accident lawyer can file a personal injury or wrongful death action on your behalf. If the matter cannot be settled outside of court, a lawyer can act as your advocate and litigate for your rights in court.
- Granting peace of mind: Turning your legal matters over to an attorney means you can focus your mental and physical energy on your recovery—where it belongs. Additionally, having an advocate allows you to feel less alone in the process and give you the confidence you need to stand up to large corporations.
Bus accidents can be complex. Beyond the fact that it can be hard to prove the accident’s exact cause, any number of people and companies could be held accountable. Some factors that could affect the outcome of a bus accident case include:
- If a driver’s negligence caused the accident, that driver could be held responsible.
- If a lack of adequate training caused the driver’s negligence, the bus company could be included in the liability determination.
- If a faulty part caused the accident, bus maintenance companies could be held legally responsible.
These are a few possibilities that could play a role in the occurrence of a bus accident. A Bakersfield bus accident lawyer can analyze your case, determine liability and fault, and litigate for the financial settlement you and your family deserve.
Bakersfield Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me (800) 921-7227
Legal Counsel for Bus Accident Victims
California’s Vehicle Code (VEH), Article 2, outlines every driver’s “duty of care.” If you believe your bus accident to be the result of negligence or recklessness, California’s statute of limitations gives you two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury or wrongful death claim.
Once you file, you may be eligible to seek damages that include compensation for medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, reduced earning capacity, and emotional pain and suffering. If a wrongful death occurs, you may be able to seek compensation that covers funeral and burial costs along with the loss of companionship.
A Bakersfield bus accident lawyer will stand up for your rights and fight for the financial awards you deserve. We know that no amount of money will erase the trauma of your accident, but knowing your expenses are covered can help you recover physically, heal emotionally, and embrace the time you have with your loved ones.
If you are considering legal action, keep in mind that California generally allows two years to file a personal injury lawsuit under California Code of Civil Procedure (CCP) § 335.1. We will make sure to file your case in court on time.
Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC, now at (800) 921-7227 to schedule a free consultation. We can review your case before we advise you on your next steps. From there, we will support you every step of the way.
Call or text (800) 921-7227 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form