If you or a loved one suffered an injury in a truck accident that was not your fault, you deserve to learn about potential compensation. A Bakersfield truck accident lawyer has a deep understanding of California’s statutes and how you could recover damages from the at-fault party.
Many truck accident victims are severely injured and are not physically or emotionally strong enough to pursue compensation on their own. That is when a call to Ben Crump Law, PLLC could mean the difference between collecting damages or being forced to pay for an accident that you did not cause.
Please call us at (800) 630-9229 for a free case review. A Bakersfield truck accident attorney can help in many ways.
Reasons to Work with a Truck Accident Lawyer
Some clients reach out to a Bakersfield truck accident lawyer after they attempt to pursue compensation on their own. Although California liability and negligence statutes are public record and everyone can access them, you may find yourself with more questions than answers.
That is why many truck accident victims prefer to have a truck accident attorney take care of this complex and time-consuming process. There are many benefits to Ben Crump Law, PLLC helping you after a truck accident, including:
- In-depth understanding of truck accident cases that may involve numerous parties, large insurance policies, and hefty damages
- Nationwide law firm with available staff and resources to move quickly on your case
- Recovered millions of dollars in damages for clients through settlements or verdicts
- Relieves you of the burden and stress so that you may focus on recovering from your injuries or taking care of an injured loved one
You are invited to call us for a free case review. A Bakersfield truck accident lawyer is eager to begin building a case.
Deadline for Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Each state has its own rules and requirements when it comes to seeking compensation after a personal injury, such as a truck accident. There are statutes of limitations, or deadlines, for how much time an injured person has to pursue damages. According to California Code of Civil Procedure (CCP) § 335.1, you have two years from the date that you suffered injury to file a personal injury lawsuit.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Bakersfield, call (800) 630-9229
Many Truck Accidents Are Successfully Resolved with Settlements
One of the first questions that a new client asks is whether we must take his or her case to trial. While Ben Crump Law, PLLC has won many verdicts for our clients, we will first attempt to resolve your case with a fair and acceptable settlement.
Each case is unique and while our legal team has secured damages for clients, past results do not guarantee future outcomes. You may rest assured that our focus is on your best outcome. You should not continue to suffer from an accident that you did not cause.
Bakersfield Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (800) 630-9229
Damages for a Truck Accident
If the other party is to blame for your injuries, you may be entitled to collect damages for your physical and emotional losses. These may include:
- Compensation for medical care such as emergency room care, doctors, hospitalization, prescription medicine, and various kinds of therapy.
- Property damages.
- Lost wages for what you would have earned at work if you were not injured.
- Pain and suffering for current and future discomfort related to your injuries.
- Emotional distress, including loss of consortium.
Depending on the extent and severity of your injuries, a Bakersfield truck accident lawyer could also pursue damages for:
Our legal team can also help surviving family members pursue compensation if you lost a loved one due to negligence in a truck accident. This would be a wrongful death settlement or legal action.
What We Do for Truck Accident Victims
It can be difficult to think clearly after a truck accident. We know that you are upset and may be facing a long and difficult recovery from injuries caused by a reckless or negligent party.
A truck accident lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC may begin to help as soon as you become a client. Our legal and professional team handles every aspect of your case, including:
- Gather evidence of liability and negligence, including photos of the accident scene, police reports, medical records, witness statements, and expert testimony.
- Compile proof of your financial losses for such damages as hospitalizations, car repairs, temporary transportation, lost wages, and other expenses.
- Identify and communicate with the liable parties on your behalf.
- Pursue the maximum compensation for your damages and losses.
A lawyer with our firm will protect your rights throughout this process.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Causes Many Truck Accidents
Commercial truck drivers must undergo extensive training before they get behind the wheel of these giant vehicles. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) provides oversight and guidance for America’s trucking industry.
According to a study conducted by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), driver error caused 87 percent of truck accidents, including:
- Failure to act: This happens when a driver fails to take appropriate action or fails to act in a timely manner.
- Driver is distracted: Distracted drivers fail to pay attention for numerous reasons, from checking texts to reaching for something in the cab.
- Poor judgment: Examples of poor judgment include a truck driver misjudging the distance needed to safely stop on slick pavement or in heavy traffic
- Reckless driving: Some accidents are caused by reckless acts such as speeding or running red lights.
A truck accident lawyer can help you pursue compensation from the trucking company, the shipper, and other parties who played a direct or vicarious role in your injuries.
Call Today for a Free Case Review
You deserve to know your rights if you or a loved one suffered harm in a truck accident that was not your fault. Call us for a free case review. A member of our team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC is ready to take your call now at (800) 630-9229. A Bakersfield truck accident lawyer wants to get started on your case and bring justice to you and your family as soon as possible.