The birth of a child is one of life’s most joyous occasions. Of course, we expect doctors, nurses, obstetricians, and other staff members to take the best care of the mother and baby. If they make a mistake during labor, delivery, or the post-birth process, serious injuries may result.
If your child suffered a birth injury, you have legal recourse against the negligent party. A Dallas birth injury attorney with Ben Crump Law, PLLC can build a case for compensation while you spend time with your child. Our assistance is available without any upfront costs.
How a Birth Injury Attorney With Our Firm Will Manage Your Case
Birth injury cases can be complicated, but Ben Crump Law, PLLC doesn’t shy away from difficult cases. While you focus on tending to your baby, one of our lawyerswill:
- Collect all relevant medical records
- Consult medical experts and specialists
- Interview witnesses
- File a complaint or an injury lawsuit
- Advocate for you during settlement negotiations
- Argue your case at trial if we can’t reach a settlement
Don’t worry about paying for these services out of pocket or up front. Our lawyers will take your birth injury case for a contingency fee. If we secure a settlement or win a verdict, our payment will come out of that sum.
Should we be unable to settle your case, you pay nothing. We can go over this payment structure in greater detail during your free, no-obligation consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a birth injury lawyer serving Dallas, call 800-959-1444
We Have Helped Clients Whose Children Have Suffered Many Types of Birth Injuries
We manage birth injury cases with children suffering from:
- Brain bleeds
- Bacterial meningitis/GBS positive
- Erb’s palsy
- Shoulder dystocia
- Cerebral palsy
- Spinal cord injuries
- Fractured collarbones
- Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy (HIE)/oxygen deprivation
- Meconium aspiration
- Necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC) from baby formula
- Brain injuries
Tragically, some children are stillborn or pass away as a result of their birth injury. We want to be your advocate during this challenging time. We can explore your options for filing a wrongful death case and handle everything it entails.
How do Birth Injuries Happen?
When we conduct our investigation, our team will identify who caused your child’s birth injury and determine how it happened. We may find that the medical staff acted negligently.
These trained professionals should know about the risk factors that can lead to a birth injury and take preventative measures if a complication arises. According to Merck Manuals, some ways a medical provider can cause birth injuries include:
- Failing to monitor the baby’s heart rate
- Failing to monitor a high-risk mother with gestational diabetes or preeclampsia
- Failing to promptly perform a C-section
- Failing to address complications within a reasonable amount of time
- Failing to deliver the child fast enough when they were apparently in distress
- Failing to notice that the child was in distress prior to or during labor
The doctor isn’t always the one who is responsible for a birth injury. For example, they may have been using a defective medical device. If defective forceps or a vacuum extractor malfunctioned and your child was injured, the manufacturer could bear financial responsibility.
Dallas Birth Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-959-1444
Types of Financial Awards You Can Seek in Your Dallas Birth Injury Case
When determining your recoverable losses, your birth injury lawyer will examine:
- The type of birth injury your child suffered
- Their prognosis
- Who made the error
- The extent of your medical bills
- If you or your partner had to take time off work
- Other expenses you accumulated due to the birth injury
Based on these factors, you may recover:
- Past and anticipated medical care costs: If your child needed surgery, physical therapy, blood work and other diagnostic exams, medications, and other follow-up appointments with a doctor
- Lost income: If you or your partner couldn’t go to work and earn wages, promotions, bonuses, business opportunities, and other employee benefits
- Future loss of earning capacity: If your child’s injury caused you to quit your job so that you can care for them
- Pain and suffering: If your child faces long-term discomfort due to their birth injury
- Emotional distress: If you or your partner has developed emotional or mental health problems resulting from the trauma of the birth injury
- Scarring, disability, or disfigurement: If your child’s birth injury has forever changed their appearance, cognition, and/or mobility
- Other out-of-pocket expenses: If you had to make changes to your home, hire an aide, or buy mobility equipment to help accommodate your child’s injury
If your child didn’t survive their birth injury, we send our deepest condolences to you and your family. To help cover the related expenses, you can seek compensation for your child’s burial, funeral, and final medical costs.
Click to contact our Dallas Personal Injury Lawyers today
Suing the Other Party for Your Birth Injury Damages Comes With Time Constraints
We understand that the time after a birth injury can feel like a blur, but it’s important to manage your time. To hold the liable party responsible for their negligence, you must file your lawsuit within Texas’s statute of limitations.
How long you have to file your case depends on many factors, including the date your child suffered harm or when you discovered the injury. If you don’t file your case within the statute of limitations, you risk losing the right to seek damages.
With our team on your side, we can file your case within the appropriate timeframe, so you don’t have to worry about it.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Have Ben Crump Law, PLLC Manage Your Dallas Birth Injury Case Today
Although no amount of financial award can reverse a birth injury, it can make life more comfortable for you and your child.
Let’s see how Ben Crump Law, PLLC can help you and your family. Call us today at (800) 641-8998 to start your free case review. We’re ready to start building your case today.
Call or text 800-959-1444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form