One in five traffic accidents results from distracted driving, according to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). An El Paso distracted driving accident lawyer can protect your rights and help you pursue compensation from the at-fault party.
Our lawyers can help you file the insurance claim and then negotiate with the insurance adjuster. We can attempt to resolve your situation without going to court; however, we can prepare a case for trial if it is clear the other party will not negotiate in good faith.
Please contact Ben Crump Law, PLLC at (800) 598-7557 for a free case review.
How a Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer May Help You
You might be in the hospital or at home recovering from your injuries, and you may not want to pursue compensation on your own. You can seek legal assistance from an El Paso distracted driving accident lawyer.
A lawyer can relieve you of many time-consuming tasks associated with recovering damages, including:
- Examining evidence from the accident, including photos, videos, witness statements, police reports, on-boarding digital information systems, and other documentation
- Securing proof of injuries and talk to your doctor about your injuries
- Valuating your damages
- Filing and managing an insurance claim
- Negotiating a settlement on your behalf
When you hire a lawyer, you will not have to deal with the insurance adjuster or any representative from the other party. This gives you time to focus on your health, well-being, and your loved ones.
No Upfront Fees
Ben Crump Law, PLLC believes that everyone should have equal access to justice. Our lawyers can help you recover damages after a distracted driving accident on a contingency basis. This means that you do not pay out-of-pocket or up-front fees—we are paid from a percentage of what we are able to recover on your behalf.
For a free legal consultation with a distracted driving accidents lawyer serving El Paso, call (800) 598-7557
What to Do After a Distracted Driving Accident
You are the victim of someone’s negligent behavior. It is understandable if you are angry, frustrated, or upset from being put into this traumatic situation.
Everything you discuss with your lawyer is privileged information. Our team is never too busy to answer your questions, and we take on each case with the personal attention and urgency that you deserve.
Feel free to use these suggestions to help you in the days following the accident:
- Follow your healthcare provider’s instructions for rest, prescriptions, and other care.
- Write down or record what you recall about the accident, including road conditions, weather, and time of day.
- Refrain from posting pictures and comments on social media about the accident, and do not discuss your case with anyone except your lawyer.
- Tell your healthcare provider if you are suffering from insomnia, anxiety, depression, or other emotional health issues so that you can get counseling, medication, or both.
Be sure to keep your receipts, bills, and other expenses. This will help prove your economic losses for your claim or legal action.
El Paso Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me (800) 598-7557
We Fight for Your Rights and Compensation
Insurance companies do not always make it easy for injured people to recover their losses. They may not offer you a settlement that fairly compensates you.
An El Paso distracted driving accident lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC will stand up to these insurance companies. We do all we can to negotiate a settlement, but we are not afraid to go to court if necessary.
You should know that Texas has a two-year statute of limitations, or deadlines, for filing a personal injury lawsuit, according to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §16.003. Although some distracted driving cases are settled, it may bring you peace of mind to know that our trial lawyers can fight for your rights in court.
What We Could Recover for You
Although past results do not guarantee future outcomes, a distracted driving accident lawyer will carefully evaluate your damages and seek appropriate compensation.
There are different types of damages, and much depends on the extent and severity of your injuries, but you may be awarded for:
- Ambulance, emergency room care, surgery, hospitalization, medical tests, and follow-up care
- Lost pay for the time you were away from work due to injuries
- Property damage, including car repair and temporary transportation
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced earning ability due to injury-related disability or medical condition
- Mental anguish
You have already suffered enough. The liable party should be held accountable for your economic and emotional damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Distracted Driving Can Occur in Several Ways
It is illegal in Texas for drivers to send, read, or write electronic messages on cell phones while driving. While mobile phones are a major source of distraction, there are other actions that divert the driver’s attention from the road, including:
- Eating or drinking
- Grooming (applying makeup, combing hair, shaving with an electric razor)
- Reaching for something in the passenger seat, glove box, or back seat
- Talking to other passengers
- Talking on the phone (including hands-free)
Driving is a privilege. Distracted drivers who cause harm and injury to others can lose this privilege and should be held liable for their actions.
If You Are Injured, We Can Help
Your health and well-being are too important to leave to chance, including your financial well-being. Call the office of an El Paso distracted driving accident lawyer to find out how you can seek damages from a collision that was not your fault.
Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC for a free case review at (800) 598-7557.