A head-on collision (when two vehicles traveling in opposite directions strike each other front to front) is among the deadliest of all motor vehicle accidents.
If a reckless driver caused you or a loved one an injury in a head-on collision, you may be entitled to compensation. Texas has liability and negligence laws that allow you to pursue damages from the at-fault party. An El Paso head-on collisions lawyer can help you navigate these laws.
You want to make an informed decision about what your next steps might be. Please call Ben Crump Law, PLLC today for a free case review at (800) 598-7557.
We Take Care of the Details
It is not always clear regarding fault in a head-on collision. That is why many people turn to a trusted legal advocate who has the knowledge and resources to evaluate the accident.
An El Paso head-on collisions lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC takes care of the details to pursue awards on your behalf.
These details may include:
- Secure evidence from the accident site, such as photos of your damaged vehicle, skid marks, and debris
- Obtain information and proof of your injuries, including a written statement from your healthcare provider
- Valuate your damages, both financial and emotional
- Conduct an accident reenactment using experts and/or cutting-edge technology
- Review police reports and witness statements
- Request results of any breath or blood tests from the other party
We are personal injury lawyers, but we are also your neighbors. It is our goal to reduce your stress as much as possible with our compassionate and attentive client service.
For a free legal consultation with a head-on collisions lawyer serving El Paso, call 844-638-1822
Hiring a Lawyer Allows You to Take Care of Yourself and Loved Ones
It is your right to hire a lawyer to protect your rights and help you recover damages. Hiring a lawyer also allows you to focus on your health and your loved ones. This time to heal is often a deciding factor for many injured people.
Head-on collisions can result in significant injury. Your risk of serious injury may be increased due to several factors, including:
- The eight of the other vehicle (for example, an 18-wheeler striking a sedan)
- The Speed at which both vehicles were traveling
- Any fixed objects in the path or trajectory of your vehicle after impact
Head-on collisions account for about ten percent of all fatal traffic accidents, according to the Insurance Information Institute (III).
Common Injuries from Head-On Collisions
It is rare for someone to walk away unharmed after a head-on collision. Often, these accidents result in significant and sometimes catastrophic injury, such as:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Broken or crushed bones
- Widespread damage to soft tissue and skin
- Crushed ribs
- Internal bleeding with organ damage or loss
- Spinal cord injuries that can lead to paralysis
Your costs for medical care from catastrophic injuries can easily bankrupt your family. An El Paso head-on collisions lawyer will fight for compensation from the at-fault party to protect you from further financial loss.
El Paso Head-On Collisions Lawyer Near Me 844-638-1822
Our Lawyers Can Often Reach a Settlement on Your Behalf
One of our most frequently asked questions is whether a head-on collision case will go to court. Many cases are successfully resolved without the need to file a lawsuit, or they are settled in the pretrial phase.
However, sometimes an insurance company will balk at the terms that our lawyers request. A lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC will make certain that you understand every offer and option so that you can make the best decision for you and your family.
You Pay Nothing Up Front
Our founder, attorney Benjamin Crump, believes that everyone should have equal access to justice. If you hire a lawyer with our firm, you pay nothing upfront and nothing out of pocket. Our lawyers work to recover damages for you on a contingency basis. We are paid from a percentage of the settlement that we recover on your behalf.
What Damages You Might Recover
Typically, the greater the extent and severity of your injuries, the higher your damages. If you or a loved one will need lifelong medical care, your damages will probably be different than someone with a broken arm.
Our legal team carefully evaluates your physical and emotional injuries. It is our goal to recover the maximum award for you or your loved one.
The most sought damages for a head-on collision include:
- Emergency medical care
- Hospital stays
- Medical tests
- Lifecare services
- Lost wages while you are recuperating from injuries
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium or companionship
A lawyer with our firm will fight for compensation and justice, especially if your accident occurred under egregious conditions.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Common Causes of Head-On Collisions
Head-on collisions are often preventable, but for some reason, the other party failed to take reasonable measures or act reasonably.
These accidents are often caused by:
- Drunk drivers who cross over the dividing line or enter an exit ramp to a highway.
- Distracted drivers who take their eyes off the road (or hands off the wheel) while sending, reading, or writing a text.
- Elderly drivers who are disoriented and drive on the wrong side of the road.
- Drowsy drivers who fall asleep at the wheel and their vehicle drifts into oncoming traffic.
Whatever caused your accident, you are now injured and have damages. These damages should be covered by the at-fault party.
When to Call Our Law Firm
Texas has a two-year statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit, according to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003. This may seem like enough time, but you should know that personal injury lawsuits are often the result of failed settlement negotiations. It takes time to prepare a case, and the court has many other cases to hear in addition to your own.
Please call the office of an El Paso head-on collisions lawyer as soon as possible. For a free case review, call Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at (800) 598-7557.