If you or a loved one has suffered injuries, lost property, or suffered in any way from a ridesharing accident, there is a Fort Lauderdale ridesharing accident lawyer available to help. While ridesharing can be an effective method of transportation, it can also be dangerous, as you are trusting a stranger to abide by the road rules, and sometimes they fail to do so.
To learn more about your legal options during this difficult time, call Ben Crump Law, PLLC at (800) 598-7557. A team member can answer your questions and help you understand your options. You could even be eligible for compensation.
Common Injuries and Losses from Ridesharing Accidents
If you have been in a ridesharing accident, you may be experiencing physical injuries, emotional trauma, and financial loss. Ridesharing accidents can cause losses to personal property, leaving you with medical and non-medical bills. Some victims also experience emotional trauma leading to stress, anxiety, depression, and fear of future travel on the road. This can affect your ability to go about your daily life, even traveling to work and earning wages.
There is also a range of injuries possible from ridesharing accidents. While some victims are able to walk away from a ridesharing accident unharmed, others suffer serious injuries that can require ongoing medical treatment for days, weeks, months, or even years. In severe cases, it is possible that ridesharing accidents can be fatal. If you or a loved one has been in a ridesharing accident, you could be suffering from injuries such as:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Cuts, scrapes, bruises, and other traumatic injuries
- Internal bleeding, damage to the organs, and other internal injuries
- Sprains, strains, dislocations, and other joint injuries
- Whiplash and trauma to the head, neck, and spine
- Nerve damage
- Emotional suffering
Vehicles traveling at high speeds can be dangerous, and it can be particularly traumatizing if you have no control over the situation in ridesharing scenarios, as your safety is in the hands of a stranger. In the United States alone, there are thousands of accidents, injuries, and even deaths on the road, including ridesharing accidents. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), over 36,000 people died on our roads in car accidents in 2019. It is important to remember that you could have legal options following a ridesharing accident, especially if a third party was at fault for your suffering.
For a free legal consultation with a ridesharing accidents lawyer serving Fort Lauderdale, call (800) 598-7557
Causes of Ridesharing Accidents
Several different factors can cause ridesharing accidents. It is possible that your accident involved one or more of the following:
- Speeding: Speed limit regulations exist for a reason: to keep you safe. Speeding is dangerous. It decreases the amount of time that a driver has to react and stop for traffic and other hazards on the road. Additionally, speeding can cause difficulties maneuvering a vehicle that can result in an accident, and it increases the momentum of a vehicle, which risks making accidents particularly damaging and dangerous. If your ridesharing driver was speeding at the time of your accident, you could have grounds for legal action.
- Impaired Driving: Driving while under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any other mind-altering substance can be another cause of accidents in the United States. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that impaired driving accidents cost 44 billion dollars annually in the U.S. If you suspect that your ridesharing driver was under the influence at the time of your accident, you could pursue compensation.
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving is becoming a serious problem and another preventable cause of ridesharing accidents. A driver looking at their phone, peering away from the road, talking to passengers, or using their console while driving are all examples of the driver taking his attention away from the task at hand. Some ridesharing drivers are multitasking while searching for their next passenger, and this can put you at risk.
There are different ways in which ridesharing accidents occur, but if you were the victim, your suffering may not have been your fault. In these cases, you have legal options available. For a free case review, speak with a team member at Ben Crump Law, PLLC.
Fort Lauderdale Ridesharing Accident Lawyer Near Me (800) 598-7557
While every case is unique, victims of ridesharing accidents are sometimes eligible for several different types of compensation, including:
- Reimbursement for medical expenses related to an accident
- Reimbursement for legal fees
- Punitive damages
- Compensation for emotional suffering
- Lost wages
If you are considering taking legal action following your accident, speaking with a Fort Lauderdale ridesharing accident lawyer could be beneficial in determining the path forward.
Some legal claims have a statute of limitations. Under Florida Statute § 95.11, you have four years to file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit for a ridesharing accident injury. If you have lost a loved one in a ridesharing accident, the deadline for filing a wrongful death claim or lawsuit would be two years. Take action soon, so you do not risk missing the deadline.
Contact Us Today
Following a ridesharing accident, you could be suffering from physical injuries, emotional trauma, and lost property, which will affect your future financial situation. Your accident could even prevent you from working and earning wages. Sometimes the effects of ridesharing accidents can go on for weeks, months, or even years.
It is important to investigate your legal options, as there could be compensation available if a third party contributed to your accident, and compensation can make your recovery smoother. Take the next step towards justice and hire a Fort Lauderdale ridesharing accident lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC by calling (800) 598-7557. A team member is available to review your case free of charge.