If you suffered serious injuries in a side-impact collision, you are not alone. According to the journal Injury Epidemiology, many people suffer severe injuries resulting from side-impact collisions due to the lack of substantial protection provided by the sides of vehicles. While the fronts and backs of vehicles often offer significant protection, the sides of vehicles simply lack protection, resulting in catastrophic injuries and fatalities when impacted by other vehicles. If you or a loved one suffered injuries or losses as a result of a side-impact collision, consider visiting with our legal team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC at (800) 598-7557 to help you understand how a Fort Lauderdale side-impact collisions lawyer can defend your legal rights and help you with all of your legal options.
Catastrophic Results of Side-Impact Collisions
Side-impact collisions have the highest serious injury and fatality rates of any kind of car accident, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). In most cases, these types of accidents occur at high rates of speed and either involve T-boning accidents (cars hit each other perpendicularly, forming a T shape) or sideswiping accidents (cars brush against each other’s sides). While airbags exist in many modern cars, some of these accidents occur at such a high rate of speed and so instantaneously that the airbags do not sense the collision in time to actually deploy. As a result, many victims of side-impact collisions suffer serious injuries or death.
For a free legal consultation with a side-impact collisions lawyer serving Fort Lauderdale, call (800) 598-7557
Determining the Cause of Side-Impact Collisions
In many side-impact collisions, an independent investigation will determine the actual cause of the accident. This determination remains critical as the cause will then determine liability. When an independent investigation determines liability, a victim will understand who has the legal responsibility to pay for their injuries and losses. Side-impact collisions can easily occur on roadways, in intersections, and also in private areas such as parking lots. The following are some causes of side-impact collisions:
- Distracted driving (texting while driving, talking on a cell phone, eating, drinking, smoking, etc.)
- Aggressive driving
- Failing to stop completely at stop signs or traffic lights that turn or remain red
- Fatigued or drowsy driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Poor visibility due to weather conditions
- Hazardous or dangerous road conditions (ice, potholes, construction work, etc.)
- Manufacturing defects
Visiting with a Fort Lauderdale side-impact collisions lawyer can help you understand how you may be able to have an independent investigation into your side-impact collision in order to determine the cause of the accident, and therefore, liability. Consider contacting our legal team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC to learn more.
Fort Lauderdale Side-Impact Collisions Lawyer Near Me (800) 598-7557
Types of Compensation Available Following a Side-Impact Collision
Your side-impact collision will have its own set of facts and circumstances, and your injuries and losses will also remain different and unique. However, in many cases, victims of side-impact collisions have the ability to receive compensation from a negligent party in certain, specific areas. The following are some examples of the types of compensation a victim may have the legal right to pursue following a side-impact collision in the state of Florida:
- Medical bills. Medical bills do not only include doctor visits. Any medical expenses that result from your side-impact collision may be potentially included in your claim, such as ambulance costs, hospital bills, surgeries, medications, medical treatments, physical therapy, psychological therapy, or medically required equipment. In some cases, transportation costs to medical facilities and at-home assistance may also receive reimbursement and compensation in a personal injury claim following a side-impact collision.
- Loss of wages. You may have injuries severe enough that you remain unable to return to work. In these cases, you may have the ability to receive not only your lost salary or wages, but also your sick or vacation leave, missed bonuses and employee benefits, missed expected promotions, retirement compensation, and even transportation allowances.
- Property Damage. Side-impact collisions typically cause devastating damage to vehicles. You may have the legal right to pursue compensation to repair or replace your vehicle and any property within your vehicle that suffered damage.
- Pain and Suffering. While you may have the ability to receive compensation for your medical bills, it remains likely that you also had to endure significant pain and suffering as a result of those injuries. The calculations regarding pain and suffering often are legally challenging and complex. However, if you continue to suffer serious pain or suffer in any way, including psychologically or emotionally, following your side-impact collision, you may have the ability to include pain and suffering in your personal injury claim.
- Loss of Consortium. If you no longer can participate with your spouse or children as you used to as a member of the family, you may have the ability to file a claim to receive compensation on behalf of your family for loss of consortium.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life. If your injuries are severe enough that you remain unable to participate in your previously enjoyed activities, you may be able to include loss of enjoyment in your personal injury claim.
Click to contact our Fort Lauderdale Car Accident Lawyers today
Consider How a Fort Lauderdale Side-Impact Collisions Lawyer Can Help You Today
If you suffered injuries in a side-impact collision, you may have the legal right to pursue compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damage, loss of consortium, loss of enjoyment of life, and more. Consider visiting with our legal team today at Ben Crump Law, PLLC by calling (800) 598-7557. A Fort Lauderdale side-impact collisions lawyer can discuss all of your legal options to receive compensation for your injuries and help ensure your legal rights remain protected.
Do not delay in calling, as legal time limits apply to your case and, once expired, you will be barred from ever being able to file a claim at all.
Call or text (800) 598-7557 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form