If another driver caused your head-on collision accident, they may be responsible for your injuries. A Fort Worth head-on collisions lawyer may be able to help you seek awards for medical bills, property damage, and more. Head-on collision accidents can be devastating. Even at low speeds, when two moving vehicles collide head-on, the results can be catastrophic. Passengers may suffer serious injury or death, and the vehicles involved may be totally destroyed.
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, (IIHS) front-end collisions were responsible for 56 percent of all passenger vehicle occupant crash deaths in 2018. Additionally, overwhelmingly, the reason for most traffic accidents is driver behavior. The U.S. Department of Transportation found that driver error is the critical reason for 95 percent of traffic accidents.
Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at 800-959-1444 to discuss your case with a member of our staff.
According to the Insurance Information Institute (III), common causes of fatal vehicle crashes include:
- Driving under the influence
- Fatigued driving
- Improper turns
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Bad weather
- Distracted driving (eating, texting, talking on the phone)
- Erratic, reckless, or negligent driving
For a free legal consultation with a head-on collisions accidents lawyer serving Fort Worth, call 800-598-7557
Injuries From a Head-On Collision
Head-on collision accident injuries can range from minor to severe. You could be suffering from anything from minor scrapes and bruises to broken bones, head injuries, spinal injuries, or internal damage.
If you did not require medical treatment at the scene of your accident, be sure to double-check yourself for injuries at home. Car accidents can be traumatic, and you may not notice you are hurt until the chaos of the incident has died down. Some injuries, like whiplash, may not present themselves immediately. If you believe you suffered injuries, see a doctor immediately.
Fort Worth Head-On Collisions Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-598-7557
Laws to Consider
It is important to be aware of the following laws if you or a loved one suffered harm in a head-on collision:
If you were in a head-on collision, be sure that an official accident report has been made. This should have been done at the scene by local law enforcement. If not, make sure to report any accident involving death, injury, or property damage greater than $1,000 to authorities within 10 days.
Like the majority of states, Texas follows an at-fault insurance model. This means that any insurance claims should be filed with the responsible driver’s provider. Texas drivers are required, by law, to at least carry liability insurance. Uninsured drivers may be subject to fines or loss of their license. According to the Texas Department of Insurance, drivers must have:
- At least $30,000 of coverage for injuries per person
- At least $60,000 of coverage per accident
- At least $25,000 of coverage for property damage
A Fort Worth head-on collisions lawyer may be able to help you negotiate a favorable settlement with the responsible driver’s insurance provider. If the driver who hit you was underinsured or uninsured, Ben Crump Law, PLLC may be able to help you seek a financial award in a civil lawsuit.
Even if your head-on collision was partially your responsibility, you may still seek awards in court. Texas follows a system of modified comparative negligence. This means that as long as your amount of responsibility is at or under the fault threshold (51 percent or less), you may seek compensation.
If you are awarded a settlement, any amount you receive will be reduced by your amount of fault. For example, if you are awarded $100,000 but are 40 percent at fault, you would collect $60,000.
Statute of Limitations
Statutes of limitations are laws that set time limits on how long a person has to take legal action. Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 allows two years to commence legal action for claims of personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death.
In most cases, the clock begins running at the time of injury, property damage, or death. If you want to seek awards in court, it is important to file your lawsuit before the statute of limitations expires. Call today for your free case review.
Click to contact our Fort Worth Car Accident Lawyers today
How a Fort Worth Head-On Collisions Lawyer Can Help
A Fort Worth head-on collisions lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC may be able to help you seek awards for:
- Medical costs. Medical treatment can be expensive. If you are not responsible for your injuries, you should not have to pay. You may be able to seek compensation for emergency department visits, surgeries, medications, physical therapy, ongoing treatment, and more.
- Lost wages. Missing time at work and losing wages should not be an additional source of stress. If you have lost time on the job because of your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation. If you are unable to perform the same job as before your accident, you may seek future lost wages and permanent disability payments.
- Property damage. You may seek awards to cover the costs of replacing or repairing your vehicle. You may also be compensated for any other personal property damaged during your accident.
- Pain and suffering. You may seek awards for stress, anxiety, trauma, mental anguish, or loss of enjoyment of life. If you suffered permanent scarring, disfigurement, or loss of limbs, you may be entitled to additional awards.
- Wrongful death. If your loved one passed away in a head-on collision, you may be able to seek compensation on their behalf as well as awards for your loss of companionship and support.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Ben Crump Law, PLLC Is Your Legal Advocate
You do not have to fight for justice alone. The legal team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC can help you through every step of your case, from filing your claims to seeking out the best possible resolution. We can help shoulder the legal burden so that you can focus on your recovery.
Our team works on a contingency basis, meaning we do not collect a fee unless we win your case. To learn more about how a Fort Worth head-on collisions lawyer may be able to help you, contact Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at 800-959-1444.
Call or text 800-598-7557 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form