Head-on collisions involve vehicles traveling in the opposite direction and result in a frontal, often fatal, crash. Like most car accidents, head-on collisions can result from negligence and prove completely avoidable.
If you or a loved one was injured in a head-on collision that was not your fault, you could recover compensation. A New York head-on collisions lawyer can collect evidence, evaluate your damages, negotiate an acceptable settlement, or prepare your case for court.
Learn about your legal rights when you talk with Ben Crump Law, PLLC at no cost or obligation. Call 800-959-1444 for a free consultation concerning your head-on accident.
Reasons To Consider a Head-on Collisions Lawyer
New York has a No-fault Insurance Law that can be confusing for accident victims. The term “no-fault” does not mean that the other party is off the hook for your injuries and damages. According to the New York Department of Financial Services, the no-fault law requires drivers to carry a minimum amount of insurance, including personal injury protection (PIP). The first $50,000 in medical bills are paid from your PIP, regardless of which party is liable for the accident.
However, head-on collisions can result in more serious injuries than other types of accidents. A New York head-on collisions lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and your options for pursuing compensation.
When handling your case, an attorney can:
- Identify all liable parties as well as the cause of the accident, such as drunk driving.
- Communicate and negotiate on your behalf so that you do not have this additional stress and pressure.
- Evaluate your case for both economic and noneconomic losses.
- Represent you in trial if the other party will not negotiate in good faith.
You pay nothing upfront as our attorney fees come from a portion of what we recover for you if we reach a settlement or court-awarded offer.
For a free legal consultation with a head-on collisions accidents lawyer serving New York, call 800-598-7557
We Determine Liability
There are a few ways that a lawyer with our firm can determine liability in a head-on collision.
When we handle your potential case, we can:
- Establish that the other driver owed you a duty of care with the conduct expected of a reasonable person.
- Determine how the other driver breached this duty of care in some manner, such as driving the wrong way on a one-way street.
- Show that this breach caused your injuries.
- Prove that these injuries caused damages in the form of medical bills, pain and suffering, and other losses.
A New York head-on collisions lawyer can represent you in both an insurance claim and a personal injury lawsuit.
New York Head-On Collisions Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-598-7557
PIP May Not Cover Expenses From a Head-on Collision
Your PIP only covers certain costs, such as medical care for physical injuries and lost pay for the time that you are recuperating.
Your PIP does not cover:
- Property damage
- Noneconomic damages, such as pain and suffering
- Medical expenses beyond $50,000
- Other out-of-pocket costs
Head-on collisions, particularly those at high speeds, can have devastating consequences. If you suffered a catastrophic injury, your medical bills can easily exhaust your PIP coverage. A lawyer can help you recover these additional expenses.
Head-on Collision Injuries
This type of car accident causes injuries that may include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Multiple broken bones or fractures
- Contusions, bruises, and burns
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Soft tissue damage including muscles, nerves, tendons, and ligaments
A lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC can help you assess both your current and future losses associated with the accident in case your injuries worsen or require long-term care.
Our Process for Helping You Seek Recovery
A New York head-on collisions lawyer can build a detailed case that includes evidence of liability or wrongdoing.
Our process may include:
- Review accident and police reports.
- Request witness statements and conduct additional interviews if necessary.
- Secure photos, videos, and other evidence from the accident scene.
- Obtain test results for evidence of drugs or alcohol in the other driver.
- Investigate the other party’s driving history, including past violations or similar accidents.
To establish liability, keep any records of medical expenses, as they can prove to be invaluable documents. Your lawyer may also ask you to keep a journal to record your pain and suffering, for example.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Seek Compensation and Justice for You and Your Loved Ones
Each case is different, but some of the types of damages in a head-on collision can include:
- Medical care and attention, including surgery, hospitalization, specialists, and rehabilitation
- Lifecare or domestic services
- Diminished earning ability due to injury
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage and associated costs, such as car rental
- Disability or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
Everything you discuss between you and your lawyer is privileged information. It is our goal at Ben Crump Law, PLLC to help you feel comfortable and confident as we pursue compensation and justice for you and your family.
Where Head-on Collisions Occur
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) defines head-on collisions as unique traffic accidents that involve vehicles traveling in opposite directions.
With that definition, a head-on collision can happen:
- At intersections where there are vehicles traveling in opposite directions.
- When one driver accidentally crosses over to the opposite lane of traffic on a roadway without a center median.
- When a driver travels the wrong way on a one-way street, lane, or highway ramp.
Head-on collisions are more likely to happen where roads may lack a clear center line or when a one-way sign is missing.
New York Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents
Under statute of limitations NY CVP § 214, you have three years to file a personal injury lawsuit after a head-on collision. If you do not file the lawsuit before the three years, then you may not be able to file at all. In turn, you cannot seek financial recovery for your injuries and losses that stemmed from the accident.
However, a personal injury lawyer from Ben Crump Law, PLLC can help you file your lawsuit. We can help you gather the evidence, negotiate with insurance companies, and fight for compensation on your behalf. Call our law office to speak with a member of our team at 800-959-1444 to learn about how we can provide any help with your case.
Call Today for a Free Case Review
A New York head-on collisions lawyer can pursue compensation while you focus on your health and your loved ones. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC today for a free consultation by dialing 800-959-1444.