Whether you are visiting a theme park or enjoying any other aspect of Orlando, you deserve to be protected from the danger that humans with bad intentions can present. When business owners and others with the responsibility to do so do not provide adequate security to protect their customers, employees, and others invited onto a property, they could be financially responsible.
An Orlando negligent security lawyer can help you fight for compensation if you or a loved one are the victim of negligent security. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at (800) 896-1221 for a free consultation today.
Negligent Security Can Affect any Institution
Negligent security is a possible aspect of the liability that property owners (and possibly others) have to ensure that a premise is safe. U.S. News & World Report found that Orlando has a crime rate greater than the national average, and those who have liability for those on their property must be realistic about the dangers of having inadequate security in place.
Several features of a property may determine what qualifies as adequate security. Some factors that someone responsible for a property may consider when assessing their security include:
- The relative danger of a specific area, which they may judge by statistical and experience-based crime reports
- Past personal experience with crime at the property in question
The measures that a property owner takes to secure their property could be considered basic, or they may take steps beyond these baseline measures if they believe there is a need for a higher measure of security. Some steps that a business owner or other property manager may take to protect customers, employees, and other invitees include:
- Installing locks on doors and windows
- Installing security cameras
- Installing bars on windows and doors
- Ensuring all areas of the property are adequately lit
- Hiring security guards
- Installing an alarm system
- Having clear systems for employees, including security guards, to respond to dangerous scenarios
Someone responsible for a property may also be required to ensure that all security equipment is in working condition. Even if a property has no documented history of criminal acts, someone could be found responsible for those harmed because of a robbery, attack, or other criminal instance allowed because of negligent security.
An Orlando negligent security lawyer may be able to seek compensation for you or a loved one injured or killed because of negligent security. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC today to discuss how hiring a lawyer could help.
For a free legal consultation with a negligent security lawyer serving Orlando, call (800) 924-3113
A Criminal Act Could Warrant a Negligent Security Lawsuit
There is no reason for Orlando business owners, landlords, renters, and others who may be liable for negligent security to be naive about the danger that can affect their property.
The City of Orlando provides crime figures for specific neighborhoods throughout the city, further reinforcing that those responsible for the security of a given property can be as informed of the risks to their business as they would like to be. If a premise is the site of a criminal act and negligently allowed the act to occur, then the property owner may expect to face one or more negligent security lawsuits.
You Could Collect Compensation for Negligent Security
A lawyer can help you determine:
- Whether you have grounds to pursue compensation for negligent security
- Who is responsible for your losses
- What route you will pursue towards any compensation that you are entitled to
A property owner may have coverage for violent acts covered under their insurance policy, in which case your lawyer may be able to secure compensation through an insurance settlement. If this is not the case, you may seek compensation through a lawsuit.
If your lawyer is able to secure an insurance settlement, pre-trial settlement, or favorable judgment after a trial, then you may be able to collect awards for the losses that you have suffered. If you were personally injured because of negligent security, then recoverable losses may include:
- The cost of diagnosing your injury, whether it is physical, psychological, or both
- The cost of treating your injury
- The cost of rehabilitating your injury
- Psychological counseling for trauma from the event in question
- Income you lose while coping with trauma and recovering from injury
- Permanent or long-term harm to your earning power caused by the event in question
- Your pain and suffering
If you lost a loved one because of an event allowed by negligent security, then your lawyer may collect further losses. These could include the financial losses caused by your loved one’s death as well as noneconomic losses, such as the comfort they provided to their loved ones.
Orlando Negligent Security Lawyer Near Me (800) 924-3113
Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC Today
An Orlando negligent security lawyer can fight for fair compensation for yourself or a loved one affected by negligent security. Your lawyer’s responsibilities may include:
- Dealing with insurance companies
- Filing your lawsuit
- Collecting evidence
- Documenting your injuries
- Handling all legal aspects of your case
- Calculating your losses
- Negotiating a settlement or completing a trial
By hiring a lawyer, you may be able to focus your energy on recovering from your injuries or mourning the loss of a loved one. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at (800) 896-1221 for more details of how we can help you after an injury or death caused by negligent security.