Pittsburgh residents and property owners who are affected by the water contamination crisis may be entitled to compensation.
If you or a loved one was sickened by one of the many cancer-causing chemicals found in your water supply or distribution process, you could be entitled to compensation. A Pittsburgh water contamination lawyer will protect your rights and pursue compensation for medical bills, lost pay, and other losses.
There is no excuse for contaminated drinking water, and there are legal actions that may be available to you and your family. Contact Ben Crump Law, PLLC today for a free case review with a member of our team. Call (800) 959-1444 for your no-obligation consultation.
Pittsburgh Water Contains Many Cancer-Causing Chemicals
It is unthinkable that Americans must worry about contaminants in their tap water. Yet there are as many as nine cancer-causing chemicals in the tap water of Pittsburgh residents, according to an article in The Allegheny Front.
These cancer-causing agents include:
- Hexavalent chromium (also known as “chromium-6”)
- Dichloroacetic acid
- Trichloroacetic acid
- Total trihalomethanes
You might recall that hexavalent chromium (or “chromium-6”) is the same cancer-causing chemical made famous in the movie “Erin Brockovich.” The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) classifies hexavalent chromium as a known carcinogen (causes cancer).
For a free legal consultation with a water contamination lawyer serving Pittsburgh, call (800) 959-1444
What You Can Do to Pursue Compensation and Justice
If you know anything about Ben Crump Law, PLLC or our founder, attorney Ben Crump, you know that we are passionate about getting justice for those who are harmed or injured by someone’s reckless or intentional act. We do not know for certain how many Pittsburgh residents have been harmed by contaminated water, but we do know this:
- Our lawyers will help you recover damages on a contingency basis, with no upfront or out-of-pocket fees.
- We will pursue compensation and justice through settlements or verdicts – our results speak for themselves.
- We will not be deterred by powerful defendants or complex cases.
- We will protect your rights and stand by your side every step of the way.
Please call the office of a Pittsburgh water contamination lawyer today to learn more about how he or she may help you seek awards for damages.
Pittsburgh Water Contamination Lawyer Near Me (800) 959-1444
Why Connect with a Pittsburgh Water Contamination Lawyer
Technically, you do not have to hire a lawyer to pursue compensation for damages from contaminated water. Realistically, most people do not have the time, experience, or access to resources to make this a practical option.
A water contamination lawyer with our firm is familiar with these types of cases. Ben Crump Law, PLLC has the staff and resources to help you fight for a resolution with a process that typically includes:
- Thorough review of the facts, timeline, and circumstances
- Secure documentation and evidence that contaminated water caused or contributed to your illness
- Obtain subject matter expert’s testimony
- Valuate your damages for both economic and emotional losses
- Communicate with all liable parties on your behalf
- Seek an acceptable settlement or prepare a case for trial if the other party will not negotiate in good faith
Many Pittsburgh residents have become ill after exposure to contaminated water. If you are ill, the last thing that you need is insurance adjusters and lawyers from the other side who want to pressure you into an inadequate settlement or to avoid paying you at all. An attorney with Ben Crump Law, PLLC will fight for you so that you may focus on your health and your loved ones.
When to Speak with a Water Contamination Lawyer Serving Pittsburgh
In general, you have two years from the date of injury or when you noticed the symptoms of an injury, under Pennsylvania Statutes § 5524. It takes time to collect evidence, interview witnesses and experts, and build a case. You are encouraged to contact the office of a Pittsburgh water contamination lawyer as soon as you can.
How We Pursue Compensation
There are basically two legal courses of action if you were sickened from contaminated water, either at the source or through the distribution method:
- Class-action lawsuit
- Individual lawsuit
A Pittsburgh water contamination lawyer can help you understand your options.
We Apply the Standard Elements of Liability
Personal injury lawsuits are about seeking financial recovery for physical and emotional injuries. While criminal cases must make a case “beyond a reasonable doubt,” civil cases have a different level of proof.A lawyer with our firm can establish liability using these elements of a personal injury case:
- Duty of Care: The municipal entity who supplies your drinking water owes you a duty of care to take reasonable measures in preventing injury or illness to you or your loved one.
- Breach of Care: The entity who supplies your drinking water breached this duty of care in some way, either by failing to properly distill or treat the water source or by failing to properly maintain the water delivery system.
- Causation: This breach of care caused you or your loved one to suffer physical and emotional injuries, such as cancer.
- Damages: Your injuries caused you to accrue damages in the form of medical expenses, lost pay, pain and suffering, and other losses.
A lawyer can assess your damages not only for past and current losses but for the future. It is our goal to maximize your compensation so that you do not have to suffer financially due to someone’s negligence.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Damages for a Water Contamination Case
Your damages will depend on the extent and severity of your injuries, and may include awards for:
- Medical care and treatment
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium or companionship
- Diminished quality of life
You may also pursue compensation for the wrongful death of a loved one due to contaminated water.
Call Our Firm Today
A Pittsburgh water contamination lawyer can protect your rights and fight for compensation. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC for a free consultation with a team member at (800) 959-1444.