If you or a family member suffered fire-related injuries such as burns, smoke inhalation, or exposure to toxic gases, call Ben Crump Law, PLLC for a free consultation to discuss the details of your case.
You do not have to suffer financially for someone else’s negligence. A Tallahassee burn injuries lawyer with our firm can help build a strong case and pursue compensation so that you may focus on recovering from your injuries and spending time with your loved ones.
Call today for a free consultation: 800-607-2992.
How Someone’s Negligence Causes Burns and Fire Injuries
Landlords, property owners, and employers owe their residents, guests, and employees a safe place to live and work. If someone’s negligence harms you or a loved one, you have the legal right to hold them accountable. You could be awarded compensation for emergency and rehabilitative medical care, lost pay, pain and suffering, and other losses.
As burn injury lawyers, we have seen the heartache of family members whose lives were dramatically changed due to negligence.
Some of the more common contributing factors of negligence may include:
- Unsafe electrical wiring that is not up to standard building code
- Locked or blocked fire exits
- Lack of smoke detectors and other warning devices
- Broken or nonfunctioning smoke detectors (for example, no batteries)
- Failing to comply with fire marshal occupancy rules
- Unsafe appliances, machinery, or equipment
- Lack of fire safety training and precautionary measures (such as practicing escape plans and fire drills)
- Negligent security that failed to prevent violent acts, such as arson
You may be entitled to compensation for negligence caused by the examples above or other types of liability. Call a member of our Tallahassee legal team today for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a burn injuries lawyer serving Tallahassee, call 800-607-2992
Types of Burn and Fire Injury Cases We Accept
We have represented many clients who were injured or disabled (or who lost loved ones) in fires at or involving:
- Nightclubs, restaurants, hotels, shopping malls, and other recreational or leisure places (both public and private)
- Truck accidents
- Tank accidents
- Commercial or industrial accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Faulty or defective wiring
- Defective electrical cords and appliances
- Motor vehicles
- Scalding water pipes and water heaters
- Locked or nonfunctioning fire exits or escapes
- Exposure to toxins
There are different types of burns and related injuries. A Tallahassee burn injuries lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC will closely examine your individual case to determine who is the at-fault party or parties and if you could recover compensation.
Tallahassee Burn Injuries Lawyer Near Me 800-607-2992
What a Burn Injuries Lawyer Does for You
Florida has challenging liability and negligence laws. You have only one opportunity to take legal action against a negligent party that caused your burns or other injuries.
Although some burn personal injury cases are resolved through an insurance settlement, you may consider reaching out to a Tallahassee burn injuries lawyer before you take a call from the insurance adjuster.
If one of our lawyers at Ben Crump Law, PLLC represents you in your Tallahassee burn injuries case, he or she will:
- Stand up to insurance companies that may try to deny, delay, or downplay your legitimate claim
- Take care of all communication with the defendant’s lawyer or representative
- Secure evidence, testimony, and documentation of wrongdoing or liability
- Build a powerful claim that can also be used as a basis for a personal injury lawsuit if the other side refuses to negotiate in good faith
Please contact us today so we may start building your case as soon as possible.
We Help You Recover the Compensation You Deserve
Most burns and fire-related injuries need immediate medical attention.
- Thermal burns
- Chemical burns
- Electrical burns
- Smoke inhalation
- Exposure to toxic fumes or gases
You can easily accumulate tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills for emergency and ongoing care. When you also consider that many employers do not provide paid sick leave, you could be faced with financial ruin.
If you or someone you love was injured in a fire caused by someone’s reckless act or negligence, contact Ben Crump Law, PLLC today for a free case evaluation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Compensatory Damages for Burn Injuries
Burns and fires are not only physically painful; they are also emotionally traumatic. A Tallahassee burn injuries lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC will carefully assess your injuries and damages to pursue fair compensation.
You might be awarded compensation for damages such as:
- Medical treatment
- Lost pay
- Property or personal item damage
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished earning capacity
- Diminished quality of life
- Wrongful death
You have four years to file a personal injury lawsuit or two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit under Florida Statutes & constitution. It takes time to prepare for trial, so we invite you to call our firm today about potential compensation in your unique case.
No Recovery, No Fee Legal Representation
Ben Crump Law, PLLC believes that everyone deserves to have a lawyer represent them if they choose. That is why we do not charge upfront fees. You pay nothing out of pocket for us to take your case – we are paid on a contingency basis with a portion of the award we recover on your behalf serving as our payment.
Burns and Fires Are a Major Cause of Injury and Loss of Life
Many burns have deadly consequences. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that 4,500 Americans lose their lives each year to fire-related burns and other injuries. In 2016, 486,000 Americans had fire-related injuries that were serious enough to require medical attention, according to the American Burn Association. About 40,000 were hospitalized for their burns or fire-related injuries.
Call a Burn Injuries Lawyer Serving Tallahassee
If you or a loved one was burned or injured in a fire that was not your fault, call Ben Crump Law, PLLC. A member of our firm will evaluate your case for free. Call 800-607-2992 today to discuss the details of your case.