(Seven Figure Amount)
A 25-year-old plumber’s assistant went to a call with his boss to install a bathroom facility at a church. While his boss was upstairs, he got stuck as he tried to exit the church basement between the air conditioning unit and the hot water heater. He was electrocuted and died a horrific death. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OHSA) cited the church and plumbing company for several violations. The plumber’s assistant first and only child was born one month after the tragedy. The case settled out of court for a confidential seven figure settlement.