When a company or individual does something that creates harm for more than one person, a class action lawsuit may be in order. Often in class action cases, a large company or corporation overlooks the basic standards of care that keep the consumer safe from serious injury or death. When this happens, a Coral Springs class action lawsuits lawyer can assist you in joining or starting a class action lawsuit.
If you or a loved one suffered some sort of injury, illness, or other forms of loss and want to learn about the possibility of a class action lawsuit, we can help.
The Purpose of a Class Action Lawsuit
When a violation of a basic duty of care — an individual or corporation’s responsibility not to put others in harm’s way — results in injury or death, a personal injury or wrongful death suit is in order. Sometimes these violations affect a large number of people, and a single lawsuit will essentially serve as the case for compensation for multiple victims in the form of a class action lawsuit according to a consolidated report titled Consumers and Class Actions by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). This scenario illustrates the purpose of a class action lawsuit.
Some reasons that multiple plaintiffs may join or initiate a class action lawsuit include:
- Class action lawsuits allow each plaintiff to dedicate less time, money, and stress to a case that they would otherwise have to bring on their own.
- Class action lawsuits lead to a single, clear verdict for all defendants, reducing the likelihood of numerous appeals or conflicting verdicts.
- Class action lawsuits keep legal costs relatively low, as the cost of counsel is spread across multiple plaintiffs.
- Class action lawsuits unite what would otherwise be multiple individual cases for compensation down to a single trial, easing the burden on plaintiffs and the legal system.
- Class action lawsuits allow those who would not have means to pursue compensation otherwise to have a shot at the financial awards they may be entitled to.
There is no limit to how many people can join class action lawsuits, and it generally does not cost you anything to join. A Coral Springs class action lawsuits lawyer typically will collect their fee from any winnings that they secure.
For a free legal consultation with a class action lawsuits lawyer, call (844) 638-1822
Class Action Lawsuits May Cover a Variety of Scenarios
Those who bring or join a class action lawsuit have, in general, suffered injuries due to the carelessness or recklessness of a large institution, oftentimes a corporation. Corporations engage in negligent behavior more often than you may realize, and the number of class action lawsuits on the docket at a given time are evidence of this.
You should speak to a Coral Springs class action lawsuits lawyer about the specific circumstances under which you suffered an injury, and whether a class action lawsuit is an avenue to financial recovery. With this in mind, some scenarios that may warrant you participating in a class action lawsuit include:
- Being poisoned, made sick, or suffering other harm from pollution.
- Being harmed because of a defective product.
- Developing certain forms of cancer because of harmful chemicals in certain products, especially if the potential for harm was undisclosed or refuted by the manufacturer.
- Being the victim of various forms of discrimination, which is against the law.
There are countless more scenarios where you may be entitled to start or join a class action lawsuit, as these are just some of the more common circumstances that may lead to group lawsuits.
Class Action Lawsuits Lawyer Near Me (844) 638-1822
A Coral Springs Class Action Lawsuits Lawyer Can Guide You Through the Class Action Process
A lawyer has a responsibility to present a strong case on behalf of their client. When a Coral Springs class action lawsuits lawyer takes the helm of a class action case, they may have an even greater responsibility, as they are representing numerous clients. Whether the lawyer you call is the leading Coral Springs class action lawsuits lawyer in any suit you join or refers you to another attorney’s suit, they can be of great help to you.
A lawyer may help you in several ways, including by:
- Helping you join or start a suit as soon as possible, with any statutes of limitation in mind.
- Establishing an official record of your circumstances.
- Collecting any evidence that supports the fact that you suffered an injury due to another person or corporation’s actions.
- Obtaining any testimony that supports the fact that you suffered harm due to the wrongdoing of the defendant in your case.
- Handling your legal needs from start to finish.
- Answering any questions you have throughout the legal process.
- Protecting your rights throughout the legal process.
You should not wait to call a Coral Springs class action lawsuits lawyer. Eligibility windows for joining certain class action suits may be a factor in your case, as may statutes of limitation on certain forms relating to legal action in your case. Regardless of how much time has passed since you were harmed, call a Coral Springs class action lawsuits lawyer to explore your options for joining or starting a class action lawsuit.
Compensation You May Be Eligible For
The details of each individual class action lawsuit will largely determine the type and extent of compensation that you may be entitled to. With this in mind, compensation from your case could possibly cover:
- Medical expenses that arose from action or inaction taken by the defendant in your case.
- An inability to earn wages or a decline in your earning power.
- Pain and suffering caused by the defendant.
- Punitive damages against the defendant(s).
Call Our Team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC Today
Our team will explain to you your options for pursuing compensation, then guide you down the road in the pursuit of awards that you are eligible for. Call our team today at (844) 638-1822 for a free consultation. Our clients pay nothing out of pocket, and a Coral Springs class action lawsuits lawyer will only collect a fee if you secure compensation.