Texas is a leader in many ways, but unfortunately, this includes the number of lives lost in truck accidents each year in the state, according to the Texas Department of Transportation. Along with California, it also has more truck accidents with injuries than most other states.
If you have been injured, or if you have lost a loved one to injuries from a truck accident, you could be awarded damages for medical bills, lost wages, wrongful death, and other losses.
For a free consultation with a Houston truck accident lawyer, call Ben Crump Law, PLLC, at (800) 959-1444. A member of our team can talk with you at your home, the hospital, or by telephone.
Our Firm Is Ready to Help After Any Truck Accident
You have already suffered enough from another person’s negligence. Let our firm pursue compensation and justice on your behalf. A lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC, can help after most types of truck accidents, including those that involve:
- Delivery trucks
- Oil and gas trucks
- Tow trucks
- Dump trucks
- Garbage trucks
- Large passenger or cargo vans
State and federal laws can vary according to the truck’s type, weight, and classification. There are also different requirements for truck drivers who are transporting cargo than those who are conveying passengers.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Houston, call (844) 638-1822
How Our Firm Can Help You
If you or a loved one is injured in a truck accident that is not your fault, you deserve to know your legal rights. Truck accidents are usually more complex than other types of traffic accidents. There may be several liable parties, each of whom might be held accountable for your economic and emotional losses.
When you turn your case over to an attorney with Ben Crump Law, PLLC, you can focus on recovering from your injuries and spending time with your loved ones. You may rest easier knowing that a diligent and strong legal advocate is working to protect your rights.
We Give Personalized Attention to Every Case
Our legal team is passionate about helping those who are overlooked or victimized by someone’s negligence.
We can help you recover compensation and justice with our services, which include:
- Collecting essential evidence such as data from the truck’s onboard electronic information system, police or accident reports, witness statements, photos, or videos of the accident site, and the truck driver’s driving record.
- Obtaining medical records from your healthcare provider along with a written summation of your injuries and how these may affect you.
- Identifying all liable parties and contacting them on your behalf.
- Seeking compensation first from the defendant’s insurance.
If we cannot reach an acceptable settlement, a Houston truck accident lawyer can take your case to court.
Houston Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (844) 638-1822
No Upfront Legal Fees or Costs
Our lawyers are here to fight for you. We work to recover compensation and justice on a contingency basis. You pay nothing up front, and our legal fees are paid from a portion of what we successfully recover on your behalf.
As our client, we will keep you informed about your case’s progress. Your lawyer will make sure you understand your legal rights and help you achieve the best possible outcome.
How Truck Accidents Happen
You would not be suffering right now if the other party had taken reasonable measures to prevent you from harm. It is your right to ask a lawyer for help to identify who is responsible for your injuries and damages.
In our experience as truck accident lawyers serving Houston, the following reasons cause many of these collisions:
- Distracted driving (driver texting or checking email, and other actions that distract from driving)
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs
- Drowsy driving
- Reckless driving including failure to yield, speeding, or driving aggressively (road rage)
- Improperly loaded or overloaded cargo
- Overinflated or underinflated tires
- Defective manufacturer parts
Truck accidents may involve several parties, including the trucking company, the party who leased the truck, and even the party who hired to have the cargo transported.
Types of Truck Accidents
Commercial trucks can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds when fully loaded, and this kind of weight means truck drivers need more time to speed up or stop the truck than an average passenger vehicle, according to the Texas Department of Transportation.
If a driver cannot accelerate or put the brakes on in time, this can create all kinds of accidents that are nearly always more severe than other types of motor vehicle accidents.
An attorney with Ben Crump Law, PLLC, can help you if you are hurt, or if you lose a family member in many types of truck accidents, including:
- Drive under
- Spilled cargo
- Head-on collision
- Lane change or sideswipe collision
- Rear-end collision
- Multiple vehicle accident
Call us for a free consultation after you receive medical treatment. We have several lawyers on staff and the resources necessary to pursue compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Kinds of Damages That Could Be Awarded to You
Most truck accident victims suffer both physical and psychological injuries. A Houston truck accident lawyer will evaluate these injuries with the help of your healthcare provider. This allows us to correctly evaluate your damages, which may include:
- Medical treatment, including ambulance, emergency care, hospitalization, surgery, and other related costs
- Life care or domestic expenses
- Lost pay for the time your injuries kept you from working
- Diminished earning capacity if you are disabled after your injuries
- Property damage, including car rental or temporary transportation, such as ride-booking services
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of companionship or consortium
Many truck accidents are resolved through insurance settlements. If we cannot reach a fair settlement, we can take your case to court. You have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit, according to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003.
Call Today to Learn More
Contact Ben Crump Law, PLLC, to find out if you are eligible to receive compensation after a truck accident. A Houston truck accident lawyer is here to help you understand the legal options you have. For a free consultation with a member of our firm, call (800) 959-1444.