When you slip unexpectedly, the subsequent fall can result in serious injury or even death. You may not realize that accidents like these can result from negligence by somebody who exposed you to an unreasonable risk of harm.
If you or a loved one experienced injuries in a slip and fall accident, a Miami slip and fall injury lawyer may help you pursue fair compensation. Call our team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC at (844) 638-1822 for a free consultation.
Slip and Fall Accidents Affect People of All Ages
Despite the increased risk of falling in the elderly, according to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), injuries resulting from slip and falls can affect anybody. When those in charge of keeping a property safe fail to do so, those who step foot on that property — whether they are in their teens or eighties — can fall victim to serious injury or death.
Some of the circumstances that may lead to a slip and fall injury include:
- Uncleaned, unmarked puddles on slippery surfaces such as tile or wood.
- Icy surfaces on sidewalks.
- Any other conditions that make a surface slick in a way that causes somebody to slip and hurt themselves.
Some of the locations where you may experience a slip and fall injury include:
- In the workplace.
- In an assisted-living community.
- In a business.
- In a place of leisure.
- Outdoors, in a public space.
- On somebody else’s residential property.
If you or a loved one sustained injuries in a slip and fall accident you believe involved negligence, similar to the scenarios mentioned above, you may qualify for financial awards for your losses. Speaking with a lawyer to discuss your next step in pursuing compensation may help you build a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall injury lawyer serving Miami, call (844) 638-1822
Injuries that May Result from a Slip and Fall
According to the Centers For Disease Control (CDC), one out of every five falls causes a serious injury. Depending on your age and other variables, you may live with a higher risk of suffering a serious injury because of a fall. Elderly adults, as the CDC reports, often sustain certain serious injuries such as a broken hip as the result of a slip and fall.
No matter how old you are, conditions that may cause a slip and fall accident put you at risk for injuries such as:
- Broken bones in the hands, wrists, forearm, and elbow, since falls prompt you to catch yourself from falling.
- Broken hips, which can result in accelerated death in those who sustain a hip fracture, such as elderly adults.
- Head trauma, which can quickly lead to bleeding or swelling in the brain that can prove fatal or life-altering.
- Severe bruising and nerve damage.
More potential health outcomes may arise from a slip and fall. Depending on the nature and extent of your slip and fall injuries, you can miss work for months or years, or in some cases never regain the ability to return. If you require compensation to pay for your losses, a Miami slip and fall injury lawyer may prove helpful for your case as they can handle the legal process while you recuperate from your injuries.
Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC at (844) 638-1822.
Miami Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer Near Me (844) 638-1822
Seek a Miami Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer to Help You Pursue Repayment
If you suffered a slip and fall accident, you may find yourself paying for things that you should not have to because of somebody else’s error or negligence. Namely, you may accrue mounting medical expenses stemming from your injuries.
A lawyer may help you put a case together with the goal of holding the person who caused your injuries responsible for your losses and expenses. A lawyer may help by:
- Filing your case in the courts.
- Collecting evidence of the defendant’s fault in causing your injuries.
- Obtaining any testimony from witnesses who saw the circumstances that led to your injuries and any behavior that may qualify as negligence by the defendant.
- Aiming to prove fault to the jury in your case.
- Summarizing your losses and showing the jury that you qualify for compensation.
- Handling every step necessary to bring your case to a judgment or resolution.
- Defending your rights throughout the entire legal process.
If your case proves successful, then you may collect awards covering:
- Medical expenses.
- Lost income caused by your injuries.
- Future rehabilitation appointments.
- Pain and suffering.
Having an attorney by your side throughout the legal process of filing a claim with an insurer or a lawsuit with the court may give you peace of mind while you focus on your health. Call our team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC at (844) 638-1822 for a free consultation.
The Statute of Limitations
When filing a lawsuit, the states impose certain time restrictions. According to Florida Statutes § 95, a plaintiff has two years from the date of their loved one’s death to file a wrongful death claim, while the statute for personal injury cases generally lasts four years from the date when the accident occurred. Exceptions to these statutes may occur in some cases. You can call a Miami slip and fall injury lawyer regardless of how much time that has passed since the accident or death to find out. The sooner you call a lawyer, the sooner they may begin putting together your personal injury claim or lawsuit.
Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC
Slip and fall injuries can prove life-altering, even fatal. If you suffered injuries from a slip and fall accident or lost a loved one in such an accident, our team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC wants to help you seek fair compensation for your losses, whether through an insurance claim or a lawsuit filed in civil court. Call us at (844) 638-1822 for a free consultation.