We respect the compassionate and caring doctors, nurses, and healthcare workers in our community. Most of America’s healthcare professionals are committed to the wellbeing of their patients, treating them with the highest standard of care.
However, even the most diligent of physicians can make a mistake. If this mistake caused you or a loved one injury or worsened an existing injury or illness, it may be wise to consult a medical malpractice lawyer serving Tallahassee.
Ben Crump Law, PLLC is a law firm ready to fight for the compensation and justice you deserve. For a free consultation with a member of our team, call (844) 638-1822.
How a Tallahassee Medical Malpractice Lawyer Can Help
Medical malpractice cases are complex. They involve in-depth examinations of both legal and medical issues. You deserve a strong legal advocate who accepts these kinds of cases.
Our firm has the resources to give your case the individual attention it deserves:
- We conduct a thorough investigation into the cause of your injuries or illness.
- We identify those responsible for contributing to your injuries.
- We gather evidence to prove medical neglect or omission by the liable parties.
- We communicate and negotiate on your behalf so you may focus on your health and wellbeing.
- We protect your legal rights.
A medical malpractice lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC may be able to help you and your loved ones recover compensation from the liable parties.
For a free legal consultation with a medical malpractice lawyer, call (844) 638-1822
Causes of Medical Malpractice
Intentional medical malpractice is extremely rare. Medical malpractice is primarily the result of carelessness or omission. It is the third leading cause of death in the U.S., according to a study by Johns Hopkins Medicine.
In our experience, medical malpractice, error, or negligence is often caused by:
- Poorly coordinated care.
- Uneven insurance coverage.
- Inadequate support from medical facilities or institutions.
- Information system errors.
- Too many patients and too little staff.
These causes do not excuse or justify substandard care. Our legal team can help you recover compensation for damages caused by your physical and emotional injuries.
Free Consultation and No Upfront Costs for You
A member of our team is happy to evaluate your case for free at your home, the hospital, our office, or by telephone. Ben Crump Law, PLLC works for you on a contingency basis—you pay nothing up front, and we are paid from an agreed-upon portion of what we recover.
Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near Me (844) 638-1822
We Handle Many Kinds of Medical Malpractice Cases
Medical professionals are expected to uphold a standard of care. “Standard of care” means that your healthcare provider should follow accepted medical practices that another provider with similar training or background would follow.
Our medical malpractice lawyers help clients in cases that involve:
- Birth injury.
- Anesthesia errors (such as administrating the wrong drug or incorrect dosage, failure to monitor patients under anesthesia, or failure to address known drug interactions or reactions).
- Delayed diagnosis.
- Failure to recognize avoidable errors or injuries.
- Incorrect, mislabeled, or missing testing and lab results.
- Medical professionals who treated patients while legally intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
- Surgical errors.
- Ineffective or dangerous medical devices, products, or medications.
- Any other deviation from accepted medical standards of care.
Our medical malpractice lawyers serving Tallahassee at Ben Crump Law, PLLC can use our legal and investigative resources to get to the bottom of even the most complex cases. We encourage you to contact our firm today for a free consultation.
A Tallahassee Medical Malpractice Lawyer Can Collect Evidence for a Strong Case
We conduct a thorough examination into the cause, timeline, and involved parties that caused or contributed to your injury or illness.
Some of the evidence that we use to build a case might include:
- Test and laboratory results.
- Medical records, files, and other documentation.
- Prior complaints or infractions.
- Available audio or visual recordings.
- Witness statements.
- Expert testimony from medical professionals with similar training and background.
If the evidence, testimony, and documentation indicate medical malpractice, we will pursue compensation from all liable parties.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Four Required Elements of Medical Malpractice
You should know that a medical error by itself is not enough to prove medical malpractice.
Our lawyers at Ben Crump Law, PLLC can use Florida’s liability and negligence laws as they pertain to four key elements when pursuing compensation:
- Doctor-patient relationship exists either in a private practice or a healthcare facility (like a hospital or urgent care center).
- Standard of care exists for medical professionals to perform according to accepted medical practices.
- Breach of duty, either from failure to act or a negligent act, causing injury to the patient.
- Awards arise from these injuries as economic or noneconomic losses.
While past results do not guarantee future outcomes, we will passionately fight for compensation and justice.
Settlements or Verdicts in a Medical Malpractice Case
Many medical professionals and facilities carry malpractice insurance or another form of financial liability, but there are exceptions to medical malpractice insurance requirements under Florida Statute § 458.320. Our medical malpractice lawyers serving Tallahassee with Ben Crump Law, PLLC will attempt to reach an acceptable insurance settlement on your behalf.
Defendants in a medical malpractice case often prefer to stay out of court and avoid the accompanying media attention. However, sometimes the only way to recover compensation and justice is to take your case to trial.
Damages Often Awarded in a Medical Malpractice Case
Depending on your case, you might receive awards such as:
- Medical care and treatment.
- Medical equipment and devices.
- Lifecare costs.
- Lost pay and/or reduced earning potential.
- Disability and/or disfigurement.
- Pain and suffering.
- Wrongful death.
Our lawyers understand the devastating impact that medical malpractice has on both the victim and his or her family. We will do all we can to recover compensation.
Call a Tallahassee Medical Malpractice Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one was injured or sickened by medical malpractice, please call Ben Crump Law, PLLC for a free consultation. A team member can take your call now: (844) 638-1822.