The research reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) indicates that nearly one-third of all car accidents involve rear-end collisions. While these accidents remain common on the roadways, they can still cause serious injuries or even death. If you suffered injuries as a result of a read-end accident, find out how a Washington DC rear-end collisions lawyer can help you learn more about how you can protect your legal rights and possibly receive compensation for your injuries. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC at (800) 959-1444 today for a free case review.
Causes of Rear-End Collisions
Rear-end collisions occur when one the front of one vehicle collides with the back of another vehicle. While there may be many causes of rear-end collisions, and every accident will have its own set of facts and circumstances, some of the following examples ultimately cause serious rear-end collisions resulting in injuries and losses.
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Distracted driving (talking and texting, checking navigational apps, talking on a cell phone, distracted by passengers inside the vehicle, reaching for something inside the vehicle, distracted by events outside the vehicle, etc.)
- Road rage
- Tailgating (following the vehicle in front of the driver’s car too closely making it impossible to stop in time to prevent an accident)
- Driving while drowsy or fatigued
- Speeding (resulting in the inability to stop in time to prevent an accident)
It is important to note that when a rear-end collision occurs, there is a presumption that the motorist in the back of the driver that received the impact remains liable for the accident. However, there are certain cases of unusual facts or circumstances that would cause the driver that received the rear-end collision to remain liable or responsible for the accident. If you suffered injuries related to a rear-end collision, consider contacting our legal team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC to help you determine the legal cause of the accident and ensure your legal rights remain protected.
For a free legal consultation with a rear-end collisions accidents lawyer, call (844) 638-1822
Types of Injuries Caused by Rear-End Collisions
Many motorists and passengers that have a vehicle collide with the rear end of their vehicle are not actually expecting the accident and even if they do see an impending crash, often have no way of avoiding it. As a result, many injuries related to rear-end collisions are severe or even life-threatening. The force with which a vehicle receives an impact will make a significant determination regarding how serious the injuries are for all of the victims involved. Some of the types of injuries that occur as a result of rear-end collisions may include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage and internal bleeding
- Nerve damage
- Whiplash (from a strong and sharp impact from directly behind the vehicle)
- Neck, shoulder, and back injuries
- Aortic dissection
- Fractured or broken bones
- Psychological trauma including post-traumatic stress disorder
Any injury incurred following any car accident should receive immediate medical attention and evaluation. If you failed to obtain a medical evaluation following your rear-end collision as you believed the accident was too minor, you should immediately seek medical evaluations. Some serious injuries take hours or days to develop full symptoms, and your health remains paramount. Additionally, if you want to file a claim to receive compensation for any of these injuries, you must have an official medical evaluation from a physician that indicates that your injuries resulted directly from your car accident.
Rear-End Collisions Accident Lawyer Near Me (844) 638-1822
Understanding How a Washington DC Rear-End Collisions Lawyer Can Help Your Case
Even if your rear-end collision did not cause astronomical damage or life-threatening injuries, you likely still suffered some form of property damage, physical or psychological injuries, lost wages due to your inability to return to work, and pain and suffering. In many cases, having legal representation by an attorney can ensure that your legal rights remain protected and he or she can assist you with your case. The following explains the ways in which a Washington DC rear-end collisions lawyer can help you with your accident case.
- Explain your legal rights and options regarding you case under Washington DC law.
- Help you determine what injuries and losses you may receive compensation for under the law.
- Help you calculate pain and suffering for total compensation.
- Help you determine the full amount of lost wages, which may include not only lost salary, but also lost bonuses, missed promotions, lost retirement contributions, lost employee contributions, lost vacation and sick leave, or other employee benefits.
- Conduct an independent investigation into the rear-end collision to fully determine negligence and liability.
- Negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf, which allows you to avoid dealing with the manipulative or abrasive tactics used in order to attempt to offer lower settlement amounts to victims.
- Learn whether or not the settlement amount offered by the insurance company is fair and just for your particular set of facts and circumstances.
- File a claim with the court for a lawsuit if the settlement amount provided by the insurance company remains unfair.
- Provides representation in court, in the event that your rear-end collision accident goes to trial. Representation would include presenting the case before the court, hiring expert witnesses, and ensuring that your legal rights remain protected throughout the process.
Consider Contacting Our Legal Team Today
If you remain unsure whether or not your rear-end collision rises to a level to need legal representation, consider contacting a Washington DC rear-end collisions lawyer who can evaluate your case. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC at (800) 959-1444 to speak with a member of our team today. You only have a limited amount of time to bring a claim in court regarding a personal injury case resulting from a car accident, so consider contacting us regarding your case to ensure you do not miss any legal deadlines. The initial consultation is free and there is no risk or obligation.