While there are many ice cream chains throughout the United States, few have had the staying power of Baskin Robbins. Given the popularity of Baskin Robbins, it is not unusual to find large crowds lined up for a cold treat.
With large crowds and long lines come spilled ice cream and other hazards. If employees are not diligent in policing the dining rooms and bathrooms of the restaurant, these spills can quickly become dangerous slip and fall hazards. If you suffered injuries in a slip and fall accident at Baskin Robbins, Ben Crump Law, PLLC might be able to help. Call (800) 647-3113 to see how an injury lawyer for slip and fall accidents at Baskin Robbins can help you with your case.
Common Fall Hazards at Baskin Robbins
You might not view a trip to get ice cream as a potential safety risk. Unfortunately, poorly managed or understaffed Baskin Robbins locations have the potential to turn these ice cream shops into safety risks. Some of the factors that could result in a slip and fall accident at a Baskin Robbins location include:
- Spilled ice cream: Ice cream is naturally slippery, especially when it melts. Given the high volume of customers that is common with Baskin Robbins, it is not unusual for spills to go ignored for some period of time. If you fall due to spilled ice cream, you could have a claim for compensation on your hands.
- Wet floors: Spilled ice cream is not the only potential slipping hazard at a Baskin Robbins location. Spilled food or drinks could also be hazardous. Additionally, wet floors due to mopping can also cause falls. This is especially true in cases where employees fail to mark wet spots with a sign.
- Slick sidewalks or parking lots: Not every slip and fall hazard will be within the store itself. It is also possible to suffer an injury due to hazards in the parking lot or surrounding sidewalks. This could include anything from spilled drinks to accumulated snow or ice.
- Trash and debris: Trash, debris, or abandoned items could all result in a fall. These hazards are common when employees fail to regularly check the levels of trash in containers within the store.
- Flooring problems: Issues with the flooring can also lead to a fall. This could include uneven tiling, cracked pavement, or crumpled floor mats.
Any factor that results in your slip and fall accident within Baskin Robbins could result in a viable claim for compensation. An injury lawyer for slip and fall accidents at Baskin Robbins could advise you on how best to proceed with your claim. To learn more, contact Ben Crump Law, PLLC right away to discuss your options.
Compensation Available to You
Unfortunately, you could face steep financial hardship following a slip and fall accident at Baskin Robbins. The cost of medical care alone can be substantial. These costs might begin with ambulance transport fees and the cost of an emergency room visit, but they can extend far beyond those initial expenses.
Slip and fall accident injuries can require surgical procedures, follow-up visits, physical therapy, and prescription medication. A successful injury claim could recover the costs of this care.
Paying for unexpected medical bills is difficult in the best of times. It is especially challenging if your injuries require you to miss work. Some injuries could have you out of action for weeks or even months. In severe cases, your ability to earn a living in the future could be severely diminished. A settlement or jury verdict could recover the wages you missed due to your injury or provide compensation for your future lost earning power.
Not all compensation ties directly to your financial losses. You can also recover compensation for your physical and emotional losses as well. Factors like your pain and suffering, disabilities, or disfigurement could all lead to financial compensation.
When Baskin Robbins is Responsible
There are different circumstances that could make Baskin Robbins responsible for your slip and fall accident injuries. It is important to note, however, that falling in and of itself does not entitle you to compensation. These owners and operators are only responsible for your injuries under certain circumstances.
The most common way they could face liability for your fall is if they had actual or constructive knowledge that the hazard existed but failed to address it in a reasonable amount of time. What constitutes a reasonable amount of time varies. For example, a jury might not hold Baskin Robbins liable for a spill that occurred seconds before a fall. The same might not be true if managers ignored a spilled drink for hours, however.
Responding to a hazard in a reasonable way does not always have to be cleaning it up entirely. Simply warning the public of a hazard can be enough. After all, you could miss out on a chance for compensation if you knew of the hazard but ignored the risks on your own.
The good news is that there is no need to prove that the store manager or owner knew of the hazard. If they should have known about it, they are ultimately responsible for any injuries that occurred.
Recover Damages Following a Fall at Baskin Robbins
In the moments after a slip and fall accident, it may be difficult to know what to do next. Even after seeking medical treatment, your next step might be unclear. Skilled legal counsel can guide you during this difficult time. An injury lawyer for slip and fall accidents at Baskin Robbins can evaluate your losses and explain your legal rights. To learn more, contact Ben Crump Law, PLLC at (800) 647-3113 to schedule your free consultation.