As with any business open to the public, accidents at Krispy Kreme locations are not uncommon. Many of the accidents take the form of slips, trips, and falls.
The victims of a slip and fall accident could face serious—or even life-threatening—injuries. These injuries can impact any part of the body, but they are particularly devastating when they affect the head or neck.
If you suffered injuries due to a slip and fall accident at Krispy Kreme, you could be entitled to financial compensation. An injury lawyer for slip and fall accidents at Krispy Kreme can advise on the strengths and weaknesses of your claim. To learn more about your legal options, dial (800) 647-3113 to schedule a free consultation with Ben Crump Law, PLLC right away.
What to Do After a Slip and Fall Accident at Krispy Kreme
The steps you take following a slip and fall accident could determine if you are able to successfully pursue Krispy Kreme for monetary damages in the future. There is a limited window of time to investigate and pursue your claim, and any delay in doing so could be costly. Consider the following steps if you sustained injuries in a Krispy Kreme slip and fall accident:
- Seek medical treatment: Even if you feel your injuries are minor, seek medical treatment as soon as possible. Seemingly minor injuries can worsen over time, so it is vital that you pursue treatment right away. Waiting to see a doctor could also give the legal team for Krispy Kreme a reason to claim that your injury occurred elsewhere or that your condition is not as serious as you claim.
- Take pictures: There is a limited window of time to investigate a slip and fall accident claim. It is vital that you document the accident scene as soon as possible. By taking photos of the cause of your fall, you can help your attorney establish negligence at trial.
- Inform the manager: Never leave a Krispy Kreme without informing the manager of a fall. If possible, request an incident form to record what happened. These reports can provide concurrent evidence that your accident occurred as you described.
- Never admit fault: While you need to tell the manager of the Krispy Kreme location about your accident, never admit fault in any way. It is best to avoid discussing the specifics of the accident.
- Contact witnesses: In many injury cases, the word of an independent witness can be the difference-maker at trial. A jury is more likely to believe the word of a person with no stake in the outcome of the case, so it is vital to collect contact information for these witnesses immediately. Once you leave the Krispy Kreme, the opportunity to obtain contact information for the witness could be lost forever.
- Hire an attorney: Facing off with a large company like Krispy Kreme is difficult without the right legal counsel. Your attorney can ensure your rights are protected and assist you with every aspect of your injury claim.
Factors in a Krispy Kreme Slip and Fall Accident
Workers at Krispy Kreme are constantly busy helping customers and making donuts. The downside to this is that the staff may not be able to keep up when a spill or tripping hazard occurs. When workers are overwhelmed, they are less likely to ensure that slip and fall hazards are cleaned up and removed in a timely manner. These hazards could include:
- Dirty floors
- Spilled drinks
- Wet, soapy floors
- Tipped chairs
- Overflowing trash cans
- Poor lighting
- Defective furniture or flooring
Your attorney could pursue an injury claim on your behalf based on any of these factors leading to a fall.
The Financial Impact of a Slip and Fall Injury
Slip and fall accidents are commonplace. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than 800,000 people are hospitalized following slip and fall accidents each year. When a person slips and falls while visiting a Krispy Kreme, the resulting injury can have a dramatic impact on that person’s finances.
The most prominent impact in most cases is sudden, unexpected medical debt. Treating a serious injury can cost thousands of dollars and often requires an extended period of treatment. These costs might start with an ambulance ride or emergency room visit, but they can stretch on for months or even years following the accident. The cost of everything from surgical procedures to physical therapy can add up quickly.
Dealing with unexpected medical expenses is especially difficult if you are too injured to return to work. In many cases, the victim of a slip and fall accident could require days or weeks off of work to heal up. That could represent multiple missed paychecks and sudden, unexpected financial hardship.
The good news is that a successful injury claim against Krispy Kreme could result in compensation for this financial hardship. With the help of an injury lawyer for slip and fall accidents at Krispy Kreme, an injured customer could recover their losses stemming from the fall. To learn more about your right to pursue compensation in this situation, call today to schedule a free consultation with Ben Crump Law, PLLC.
You Could Recover Compensation Following a Slip and Fall Accident at Krispy Kreme
The thought of pursuing legal action against a large corporation might not immediately appeal to you. After all, Krispy Kreme has the assets necessary to maintain a team of lawyers to defend them. The good news is that the right attorney could help you hold them accountable for the dangerous conditions within their restaurant.
If you are ready to pursue compensation for your injuries, an injury lawyer for slip and fall accidents at Krispy Kreme might be able to help you. To schedule your free consultation, contact Ben Crump Law, PLLC at (800) 647-3113 as soon as possible.