Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere, from public sidewalks to private driveways. Stores and restaurants—especially busy ones—are no exception.
Tropical Smoothie Cafe offers smoothies, sandwiches, and wraps through their chain of franchises across the United States. With more than 800 locations nationwide, it should come as no surprise that these cafes are popular. However, popularity can have its drawbacks. When restaurants get busy, employees are less likely to take the steps necessary to ensure the dining area is free of hazards.
If you or a loved one were injured in a slip and fall accident at Tropical Smoothie Cafe, the team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC can help. With an injury lawyer for slip and fall accidents at Tropical Smoothie Cafe on your side, you can ensure that your legal rights are protected. Call (800) 647-3113 today to schedule a free consultation.
Slip and Fall Hazards
There are countless hazards inside and outside a Tropical Smoothie Cafe location that could result in a slip and fall accident. These dangerous conditions often occur within the indoor dining area. However, slip and fall accidents also routinely occur on the sidewalks and in the parking lots and other outdoor areas owned or operated by a Tropical Smoothie Cafe franchise.
Some common slip and fall hazards include:
- Spilled food or drinks
- Wet or icy parking lots
- Unmarked wet floors
- Folded rugs or floor mats
- Trash or other loose debris on the floor
- Leaking pipes or water fountains
- Uneven or cracked flooring
Whatever caused your fall, the owners and operators of Tropical Smoothie Cafe owed you a duty to take reasonable steps to protect your safety. If they failed to uphold that duty, you could be entitled to financial compensation. An injury lawyer for slip and fall accidents at Tropical Smoothie Cafe can maximize your chances of holding them responsible for their negligence. Contact Ben Crump Law, PLLC today for a free case review.
What to Do After a Slip and Fall Accident
Your actions immediately after a slip and fall accident can directly impact your chances of recovering financial compensation. Consider the following steps after a slip and fall accident at Tropical Smoothie Cafe.
- Seek medical attention: If you suffered an injury in the fall, it is important that you seek medical treatment as soon as possible. This is true even if the injuries seem minor at first. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), falls are the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries, which do not always present symptoms right away. Seeking medical attention not only increases your chances of recovery but also creates medical records that corroborate your injury claims.
- Take pictures: If possible, you should always take pictures of the area where you fell. This includes the substance or item that caused the fall. Photographic evidence can be a powerful tool in a slip and fall injury lawsuit.
- Speak with witnesses: The word of an independent witness can carry a lot of weight at trial. Unfortunately, you have a limited window of time to obtain their contact information. Speak with any witnesses right away before they can leave the scene.
- Notify Tropical Smoothie Cafe: Speak with a manager and let them know you fell in their store. If possible, complete a store accident report and ask for a copy. Do not argue with the manager or discuss your case beyond what you describe in your statement
Resolving Claims Against Tropical Smoothie Cafe
According to Franchise Times, all Tropical Smoothie Cafe locations are operated as franchises. This means that the parent company does not own or operate individual stores. Instead, small businesses or individuals pay a franchise fee for the right to operate a Tropical Smoothie Cafe location.
Therefore, you will likely not have a cause of action against the parent company after a slip and fall accident. Instead, you will need to resolve your injury claim with the owner of the franchise. Franchise owners often have the resources and insurance coverage needed to resolve injury claims, so this should not impede your ability to recover compensation.
There are two ways to resolve your slip and fall accident claim against a Tropical Smoothie Cafe franchise owner. You can resolve your case by negotiating a financial settlement, or you can take your case to trial and obtain a judgement against the franchise owner.
It is not uncommon for slip and fall accident claims to end through a mutual financial settlement. In fact, it is far more likely for cases to be resolved amicably before they ever go to trial. That said, insurance companies do not settle slip and fall injury claims for no reason. Without a compelling case of negligence, you are unlikely to receive a settlement offer you are happy with. This is where an injury lawyer for slip and fall accidents at Tropical Smoothie Cafe comes in. A successful settlement requires a strong case built by you and your legal team.
While uncommon, it is possible for a slip and fall injury claim against Tropical Smoothie Cafe to go to trial. In some cases, the defendant might agree they were at fault but disagree with the amount of compensation you are seeking. In other cases, they might feel they are not responsible for your injuries in any way. When that happens, your only option is to take your case to trial. If you succeed, the court will enter a monetary judgment in your favor.
Contact Ben Crump Law, PLLC Today
If you suffered an injury in a slip and fall accident at your local Tropical Smoothie Cafe, the team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC is ready to assist you in pursuing your claim for compensation. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means there are no upfront fees or out-of-pocket costs. We only collect a fee if we are able to win your case.
An injury lawyer for slip and fall accidents at Tropical Smoothie Cafe can help you fight for the compensation you deserve. To learn more, call Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at (800) 647-3113 for a free case evaluation.