You may file a lawsuit for bone loss and kidney damage caused by Atripla. These are two of the most serious side effects that Atripla causes.
You may receive compensation for medical costs and other losses you have experienced.
What Side Effects Can Atripla Cause?
We may recover compensation for your Atripla-related side effects. Per Atripla’s website, those side effects may include:
- Bone pain
- Bone thinning
- Softening bones
- New or worsening kidney problems
- Kidney failure
- Conditions affecting your nervous system
- Health problems caused by elevated lactic acid levels
- Depression and suicidal thoughts
- Abnormal behavioral changes
- Liver problems
- Skin conditions
You may sue if you have one or more of these symptoms. We can help.
Who is Responsible for Atripla?
Gilead Sciences manufacturers Atripla. Lawsuits involving Atripla generally include Gilead Sciences as a defendant. This applies to lawsuits for kidney damage and bone loss.
Why Are Plaintiffs Suing Gilead Sciences?
Gilead Sciences is the manufacturer of Atripla. Lawsuits allege that:
- Gilead Sciences could have manufactured safer alternatives to Atripla
- Atripla causes severe harm to bones and kidneys
- Gilead Sciences could have prevented these outcomes by producing the safe medication, called tenofovir alafenamide fumarate (TAF)
The Atripla ingredient in question is called tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF). According to the Journal of Virus Eradication, TDF is “associated with higher risks of bone and renal adverse events” than TAF.
The journal also claims that TDF is less effective at suppressing HIV than TAF is.
Lawsuits allege that Gilead Sciences delayed releasing TAF medications for financial reasons. In doing so, it puts victims at unnecessary risk of harm.
Atripla’s History of Danger
Side effects are not the only documented problem with Atripla. According to Kaiser Health News, ingredients used in Atripla have contained:
- Rubber-like particles
- Glass-like shards
- Metal shards
- Stone-like particles
Your lawyer will present any relevant history of wrongdoing by Gilead Sciences. This could speak to negligence in your case.
Why Gilead Sciences Could Be Responsible for Harming You
Gilead Sciences may have caused you harm through negligence. Negligence is a reason to bring a lawsuit, as the American Bar Association (ABA) notes.
Gilead Science’s negligence may include:
- Knowingly selling a dangerous drug to the public
- Failing to remove the dangerous drug from the market as quickly as possible
- Failing to properly inform you of Atripla’s health risks
Some victims may sue additional parties. Medical professionals might be at fault if they exposed you to unreasonable risk.
What Damages Can You Receive Compensation for?
A financial settlement may cover your losses. The value of your losses will depend on:
- The specific medical problems Atripla has caused you
- The medical care that you require
- Whether you have permanent side effects
- What other losses Atripla causes
Specific losses that you may receive awards for are:
- The cost of diagnosing your health conditions
- The cost of treating your health conditions
- The cost of any rehabilitation required for your condition
- Lost productivity
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
Every victim has a unique case. Your losses are different from other victims’. The cost of your losses is also unique. For these reasons, consulting with one of our lawyers may help you determine how much compensation you deserve.
Reasons You May Hire Our Team for Your Atripla Lawsuit
Our firm can handle your Atripla lawsuit from start to finish. Hiring our team may provide several benefits, including the following:
We Investigate the Cause of Your Harm
Specific medical problems have specific causes. Our team will:
- Identify your precise medical problems
- Consult doctors about those problems
- Form a medically sound case for how Atripla could have caused your medical problems
We hire medical experts to help with your case. They can ensure that the medical aspects of your lawsuit are sound.
We Take on the Drug Manufacturer
Gilead Sciences is a major pharmaceutical manufacturer. It may have ample resources to defend itself against lawsuits. We take on your case so that you are not fighting for justice on your own. We do not shy away from tough cases.
We Collect Evidence and Documentation
Any effective case requires supporting evidence and documentation. Evidence in your case may include:
- Testimony from your doctors
- Charts and graphs
- Photographs of your medical conditions
- Witness testimony
We also document your losses. Proof of lost income, medical bills, and documentation of trauma are all relevant to your case.
We Seek Fair Compensation for You
Lawsuits can produce two primary outcomes:
- A judgment
- A settlement
Whichever outcome your case leads to, we will seek maximum possible compensation for you.
Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC Today
We work for a contingency fee. You do not pay us upfront, and you do not pay unless we win. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at (800) 959-1444 for a free consultation with our team.
Do not wait to call. Time could be a factor in the eligibility of your case.