Did your health suffer from damage caused by perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) water contamination in New Castle, Delaware? Your condition might require short- and long-term medical care and cause unbearable pain and suffering—none of which was your fault.
At Ben Crump Law, PLLC, our personal injury lawyers will help you document the negligence that caused your exposure to New Castle’s toxic water. We’ll conduct a thorough investigation, collect compelling evidence, and consult relevant experts. In addition, we’ll also file your case on time, so you can recover the compensation you need to pay your bills and maintain your financial health.
Recoverable Damages in Water Contamination Cases
Contaminated water can damage your health or the health of the people you love in myriad ways. For example, you might sustain kidney damage or develop kidney or testicular cancer.
Our team will link your health issue with exposure to New Castle’s contaminated water. Then, we’ll pursue monetary awards for the following:
- All medical, rehabilitative, and therapeutic healthcare costs
- All income losses related to your illness and extended recovery
- Your physical, mental, and emotional pain and suffering
When we represent you, we obtain copies of your medical records to understand the specific health issues you developed. We also obtain copies of your employment and salary records and other data that prove your financial expenses and losses.
Did a Loved One Die from a Toxic Water-Related Illness?
If your loved one passed away from cancer or another illness caused by contaminated water in New Castle, we offer our heartfelt condolences. At the same time, we can help you hold the liable parties accountable. We will seek wrongful death compensation, including funeral costs, loss of financial and emotional support, and other losses.
Don’t Wait to Get Ben Crump Law, PLLC, Involved
Like all states, Delaware imposes a statute of limitations on your ability to pursue compensation in a civil case. Our team will explain the applicable filing deadlines and how they affect your case:
- According to Tit. 10 § 8119, you generally have two years from the date of your injury or its discovery to file your personal injury lawsuit.
- According to Tit. 10 § 8107, you generally have two years from the date of a loved one’s demise to file your wrongful death lawsuit.
Filing your lawsuit for PFOA water contamination in New Castle, Del., on time is critical to your case. If the statute of limitations expires, you could inadvertently forfeit your ability to pursue compensation through the legal system. However, our team will determine when the clock started on your case and file it within the allotted time.
Contaminants in the Water in New Castle, Delaware
You probably take it for granted that your city’s water department will ensure your water supply is safe for use and consumption. However, tests performed eight years ago found traces of PFOA and perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) in New Castle’s drinking water.
In 2022, the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) released a study that found the following factors related to the contamination:
- Proximity to New Castle Air National Guard Base
- Associated with the use of aqueous film forming foam (AFFF)
- Two local drinking water systems contained heightened per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) levels
- PFAS levels in select blood samples exceeded EPA guidelines nearly tenfold
At Ben Crump Law, PLLC, we’ll document the water contents and leverage them to establish the water system’s negligence and liability. In addition, our team will assess their duty of care, breach of duty, causation, and damages. These elements establish the liability that entitles you to recover compensation.
Individual Versus Class Action Lawsuits
Are you ready to pursue a case against the city or Artesian Water for failing to provide safe water? If so, we will review your case at no cost and explain your legal options. You can:
- File an individual lawsuit and seek a specific monetary award related to your damaged health
- Start or join a class action lawsuit with other injured parties and share in any award
Our law firm will help you decide the best course of action for you and your family.
Our Law Firm Advocates for Justice and Compensation for Toxic Water Injuries
New Castle residents have the right to clean water, and your water system is responsible for providing it. At Ben Crump Law, PLLC, we stand committed to justice and fairness for every client and family we represent. Thus, we put the power of our entire team and all our resources to work for you.
We never back down from the challenge of pursuing a financial award against organizations of any size. So, we will take on your municipality and bring in experts to establish their negligence. Other subject matter experts will conduct tests or decipher reports on the potentially toxic substances in your water supply.
Why Connect With Our Water Contamination Attorney
When our legal team supports your right to compensation for PFOA water contamination and its impact on your health, we bring the following benefits to your case:
- A comprehensive review of your case during a free, no-obligation initial consultation
- A commitment to a thorough investigation and collection of evidence
- Expert testing, results, and reports from healthcare and subject matter experts
- A careful and detailed evaluation of the financial impact of your illness
- Communication with all liable parties, insurance providers, and legal representatives
We understand the challenges of building a lawsuit while simultaneously coping with your healthcare issues. Instead, let our legal team build your case while you focus on getting better.
Contact Our Team Now About Your New Castle Water Contamination Case
PFOA water contamination is a serious matter that could significantly damage your health. Did you or someone you love in New Castle suffer injury or die because your drinking water provider failed to supply safe water free of toxic chemicals? If so, our legal team will document its negligence and build a solid case for financial compensation.
When you’re ready, Ben Crump Law, PLLC, is here to help. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.