For many, driving through Colorado Springs is a routine, everyday task that should go smoothly. You do not expect another car to slam into the side of your vehicle, causing a side-impact collision that could have long-lasting consequences for you and your loved ones.
If you have been involved in a side-impact collision, you could be entitled to recover compensation for your injuries, property damage, and more. The team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC is ready to assist you during a free consultation during which we will discuss your accident and try to determine the next steps you should take. Contact us today at (800) 598-7557 so we can tell you about working with a Colorado Springs side-impact collisions lawyer.
Causes of Side-Impact Collisions
If you have been involved in a side-impact collision, chances are it was caused by some form of negligence on the part of the other driver. Negligent driving can happen in many ways, such as:
- Driving under the influence
- Fatigued driving
- Failure to yield
- Ignoring stop signs/lights
- Texting and driving
- Distracted driving
- Failure to maintain the vehicle
One or more of these could contribute to your side-impact collision in Colorado Springs. After a collision, you may be in shock or too injured to move, but if you can, try to move to safety and get out of the way of traffic. You or another passenger in your car will also need to contact the authorities so injuries can be treated, and police can file an official report of the accident.
For a free legal consultation with a side-impact collisions lawyer serving Colorado Springs, call (800) 598-7557
What to Do After a Side-Impact Collision
While your injuries may not be immediate at the scene, it is imperative to visit a medical professional who can check you out and ensure that you don’t have hidden emergent injuries. They will also document your injuries in your official medical records.
You also have a right to work with a Colorado Springs side-impact collisions lawyer who can help you seek the compensation you deserve.
Colorado Springs Side-Impact Collisions Lawyer Near Me (800) 598-7557
How a Lawyer May Help with Your Case
A lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC will be able to negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf and alleviate the stress that comes with trying to haggle to get the money you need after an accident. They will go in with the evidence they gathered, such as medical records, photos, witness statements, and more, and present a case to the insurance companies.
Your lawyer will also endeavor to file your case on time, which in Colorado is within two years of the accident, according to the state statute of limitations. If your case is filed too late, you will likely be deemed ineligible to collect any type of compensation. To be eligible, you must show that the other driver was negligent in operating their car. Your lawyer will demonstrate that negligence so you can move forward with getting the compensation you deserve.
Click to contact our Colorado Springs Car Accident Lawyers today
Types of Compensation You Might Collect
When you decide to file a claim, your lawyer will help you determine what types of damages you will need to include in your claim in order to obtain the maximum amount of compensation possible. This may include things like:
- Medical Costs: If you incur medical bills from having your injuries treated, then you may have a long list of financial obligations such as hospital costs, surgery bills, doctor visits, and more.
- Lost Earnings: Your auto accident may have injured you so severely that you cannot return to your job, or you had to miss a substantial amount of time at work to recover. Either way, you should be compensated for those lost earnings.
- Wrongful Death: Losing a loved one in any form is devastating, but particularly so when it was a completely preventable accident. If your loved one dies in a car accident, then you could potentially recover damages to help you transition to a life without them around.
- Property Damage: Your car needs to be fixed or may have been totaled in the wreck, and you deserve money for either fixing or replacing your car.
- Pain and Suffering: A wreck can damage you physically, but it can also affect you emotionally and mentally. If that happens, then you can ask for pain and suffering to help with that trauma, as well.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
If You Are Involved in a Side-Impact Collision, Call Us for a Free Consultation
For several years, the team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC has fought for its clients. On top of that, we do not shy away from the tougher cases.
If you have been involved in a side-impact collision in Colorado Springs, then our legal team may be able to help you. We will not charge you for an initial consultation, and we will not ask for any payment until you win your case, so do not worry about how much a lawyer may cost you. Our lawyers will make sure to communicate with you throughout the entire process and will try to take as much stress off of your shoulders as they can.
Call us today at (800) 598-7557 to start your free consultation. We can get you working with a Colorado Springs side-impact collisions lawyer.
Call or text (800) 598-7557 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form