Police officers pull over drivers for a variety of reasons, but sometimes, things do not go as planned. When a vehicle refuses to pull over as directed by the police, a dangerous chase can ensue. Police chases are not only dangerous for those directly involved; they also pose a threat to the safety of everyone else on the road.
If you or a loved one were involved in an accident caused by a police chase, you could be eligible for compensation. To learn more about your legal options, contact Ben Crump Law, PLLC. A Daytona Beach accidents caused by police chase lawyer is here to advocate for your legal rights, protections, and compensatory damages. A team member is available right now to discuss your case, so call (800) 598-7557.
Causes of Police Chase Accidents
Police chase accidents can happen for many different reasons. Drivers who attempt to evade the police may do so because they “have nothing to lose” and drive recklessly in their pursuit to avoid police. Whether law enforcement wanted to apprehend you or another motorist, Ben Crump Law, PLLC can help you.
Law enforcement officials sometimes engage in dangerous tactics to catch a perpetrator. Other times, motorists do not know how to respond when a police chase happens.
Some of the potential causes of your accident could include:
- Speeding. Speeding is not only a leading cause of motor vehicle accidents; it is also a major factor in police pursuit accidents.
- Reckless driving. Reckless driving on behalf of the driver evading police, or the police vehicles in pursuit, could be to blame for your police chase accident. Even if you were obeying traffic laws and driving safely, you cannot control parties outside of your vehicle.
- Police error. Law enforcement officials must follow certain protocols when it comes to pursuing someone. Failure to adhere to legal standards is a form of negligence that puts everyone on the road in danger.
- Failing to pull over. The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) says that motorists must pull over or stop their vehicle when a first responder approaches. In your situation, another motorist may not have yielded to a law enforcement vehicle, resulting in your accident.
Over 35,000 people lose their lives each year in motor vehicle accidents, per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Police chases cause many of these accidents. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), approximately 68,000 police pursuits took place in 2012 alone. The department’s most recent statistics note that someone loses their life in a police chase-related car accident every day.
If you suffered an injury from a police pursuit, you could have legal options available to you. When you work with Ben Crump Law, PLLC, our team can evaluate your case and explain what method of action could recover compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a police chase lawyers lawyer serving Daytona Beach, call (800) 598-7557
Examples of Injuries from Motor Vehicle Accidents
Injuries from police chase accidents range greatly in severity. Some injuries are not noticeable until long after a collision, so if you were involved in a police chase accident, it is a good idea to seek medical attention from a health care professional.
If you were injured, it is possible that you suffered one or more of the following health complications:
- Traumatic injuries, including bruises, cuts, scrapes, burns, and abrasions
- Internal injuries affecting your organs
- Sprains, strains, dislocations, and other trauma to your joints
- Head, neck, and spinal injuries, including whiplash, concussions, and traumatic brain injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Emotional trauma, possibly leading to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- The loss of a limb or an important bodily function
If you suffered injuries or financial losses due to a police chase incident, you could have a case for compensation. When you call Ben Crump Law, PLLC today, a member of our team can discuss your case with you at no cost. They can also explain how a Daytona Beach accidents caused by police chase lawyer can help with your personal injury-related matters.
Daytona Beach Police Chase Lawyers Lawyer Near Me (800) 598-7557
Recoverable Compensation in a Daytona Beach Police Chase Accident Case
Depending on the details surrounding your case, you could be eligible for different forms of financial compensation. One of your lawyer’s responsibilities will involve calculating the cost of your economic and noneconomic damages.
If you suffered injuries in a police chase, you could be entitled to reimbursement for:
- Medical expenses, both past, current, and future
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capability
- Property damage costs
- Pain and suffering
- Impaired quality of life
Every case is different. Therefore, it can be helpful to consider how working with a lawyer could benefit your legal interests. Ben Crump Law, PLLC can get started on your case today. All you have to do is reach out to our team.
Take Legal Action Today
The aftermath of an accident can be a stressful and challenging time for both you and your loved ones. As you work toward recovering physically, emotionally, and financially, it might feel overwhelming to handle a personal injury case on your own. However, taking legal action can work to address the concerns you have surrounding your situation.
Your legal team can:
- Manage the paperwork involved with your case
- Gather evidence of negligence and liability
- Determine the cause of your accident
- Valuate your damages
- Consult with your health care team
- Negotiate for a fair settlement
- File a lawsuit, if necessary
If you would like to learn more about the claims process, our team is ready to answer all of your questions and concerns. A Daytona Beach accidents caused by police chase lawyer from Ben Crump Law, PLLC can work to resolve your case. Pick up the phone today and call (800) 598-7557 to begin a free case review.