If you sustained injuries in an accident involving a truck, call our team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at 800-630-9229 for a free consultation and get help from a Coral Springs truck accident lawyer. Do the same if you lost a loved one in a truck accident.
A Lawyer Can Take on Your Truck Accident Lawsuit
A lawyer will speak with you in person or over the phone to collect and document the details of your case, and they can help you decide who is responsible for your accident and resulting losses. Each large truck crash is different, but some of the possible defendants in a truck accident suit are:
- The driver of the truck.
- The driver’s employer, especially if the driver was not qualified or fit to be driving the truck.
- The truck manufacturer if vehicle error was to blame.
Once you identify who is responsible for your accident and losses, your lawyer will move your case forward to the courts. This is where you will see the real value of a lawyer.
The Job of a Lawyer in Your Case
Once you identify who the object of your lawsuit is, your lawyer can proceed with pursuing compensation against that party. Some of the ways that a lawyer will serve you in this goal are:
- Sitting down with you or speaking with you over the phone to get a clear record of how the defendant acted negligently, and how that led to the accident in question.
- Starting your case right away by filing paperwork in the court of choice.
- Collecting and organizing all the available evidence pertaining to your accident, the circumstances that caused it, and the damage that resulted from the accident (video, accident photographs, injury documentation, police reports).
- Speaking with witnesses who testify to the negligence of the defendant, the facts of the accident and the toll that the accident has taken on you physically, emotionally, and psychologically.
- Establishing communication with the counsel for the defendant so that you may be aware of any settlement offers that arise during the legal process.
- Completing every legal responsibility necessary to complete your case, from the first time that we speak until your lawsuit reaches a settlement or judgement.
- Protecting your rights throughout the entire legal process.
Your lawyer will take care of you from your initial meeting until your case reaches a resolution, providing tangible legal services and advice during a difficult time. If your case is successful, you may be able to collect multiple financial awards for your losses.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Coral Springs, call (844) 638-1822
Possible Compensation in a Truck Accident Case
If you reach a settlement or judgement for your case, then you may be awarded funds to cover the losses you have sustained. Each case is different, and the type of award you could collect will depend on the types of losses you have sustained. Awards could possibly cover:
- Ambulance transport from the scene of the accident.
- Emergency care.
- Hospital stays.
- Any surgeries or other medical procedures required because of injuries sustained in the accident.
- Mental and physical rehabilitation.
- Lost wages.
- A diminished ability to earn money because of your injuries.
- Long-term disability.
- Pain and suffering.
- Punitive damages.
Trucks can cause an outsized level of damage when they are involved in an accident, and as you read previously, oftentimes that damage includes lost lives. If your case is a wrongful death claim, additional compensation may cover:
- The cost of your loved one’s funeral.
- Past and projected income of the deceased.
- The loss of spousal comfort and protection.
- The loss of parental guidance.
Call our team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at 800-630-9229 to learn more about compensation that you may be entitled to.
Coral Springs Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (844) 638-1822
If Negligence Played a Role in Your Accident, Call a Lawyer
Consider some of the most common forms of driver negligence, which include:
- Drowsy driving.
- Swerving in and out of lanes.
- Changing lanes abruptly without signaling.
- Talking on the phone while driving.
- Eating or drinking food while driving.
- Texting while driving.
- Adjusting the vehicle’s entertainment system.
- Being under the influence of drugs or alcohol while driving.
Drivers are prone to error; it is just a reality, and when the error causes serious injury to you or the death of your loved one, then that driver should be held responsible for their carelessness. The driver may not be the only one responsible for your crash, however.
Those who employ large truck drivers can also be guilty of negligence if they:
- Do not properly vet drivers for fitness, including their driving record and criminal history, which could include DUIs or other relevant offenses.
- Do not have systems in place to restrict drivers’ hours on the roads, and monitor them as they complete routes.
- Do not maintain safe vehicle fleets (this may be relevant if vehicle failure was a factor in your accident).
Your case may be impacted by other forms of negligence, and a lawyer can help you sort out the relevant details.
Call Our Team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC today
Whether you sustained injuries or lost a loved one due to an accident with a truck, a Coral Springs truck accident lawyer can help you seek compensation. Do not wait, as the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Florida is generally four years from the date of the accident, while the statute for a wrongful death claim is generally two years. Call a lawyer even if you missed the deadline as there are sometimes exceptions made.
Call our team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at 800-630-9229 for a free consultation.