The documents you’ll need to file a water contamination lawsuit include your medical and housing records. Without these, you may not be able to show that you qualify for benefits or a settlement. Depending on your case, you may need additional documentation. An attorney can help you gather the information you need to file a lawsuit.
There are several ongoing water contamination lawsuits around the country. However, if you believe you are suffering health effects from another source, you may still be eligible. Your lawyer can determine if you are eligible to file a water contamination case in your area.
What Documents do I Need to File a Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Case?
The Camp Lejeune Justice Act of 2022 enables veterans and qualifying family members to pursue compensation through a lawsuit. However, you must meet certain criteria to file:
- You were exposed to contaminated water at a point between 1953 and 1987 or had a child exposed in utero.
- For 30 or more consecutive or non-consecutive days, you worked, lived, or were otherwise exposed at Camp Lejeune or another qualifying area.
- You or your child received a diagnosis of a qualifying health problem.
To establish these criteria, you must show certain documentation. For example:
- Your military service records: These documents could establish the date and location of your service as well as other critical information. DD Form 214, also called DD214, contains all of this information. Our firm can help you acquire the form.
- Your medical records: These establish you have a qualifying health condition caused by contaminated water. These records also show your medical expenses and the extent of your illness, which is valuable information for your case.
If you lived at Camp Lejeune but were not an active service member, you may require other documentation to show you qualify. A water contamination lawyer can determine the documentation you need.
For a free legal consultation, call 800-959-1444
What Documents do I Need for a Flint Water Contamination Lawsuit?
You can pursue compensation if contaminated water in Flint, Michigan harmed you. However, you’ll have to make sure you complete the forms accurately and establish that your losses are connected to contaminated water. A lawyer can assist with these requirements.
You should include the following with your request for compensation:
- Medical records: These will establish your medical condition, such as lead poisoning or Legionnaires’ disease. They also provide proof of your physical and monetary losses.
- Housing records: These will establish whether you live or lived in Flint.
- Related bills: To establish all of your expenses, you may need bills that show the costs of repairs or other monetary losses. For example, you may need a bill for any new piping installed in your home.
You may also have to complete certain forms for your request for compensation. Your attorney can help you with these forms and with collecting the listed documents.
The Losses You Can Claim In Your Water Contamination Lawsuit
In your case, you can demand compensation for your personal and financial losses, including:
- Medical costs and related expenses
- Lost income and work benefits
- Physical and mental suffering
- Your bills for new piping or water treatment in your house
- Wrongful death damages if a loved one lost their life due to water contamination
Depending on your situation, you could get a settlement, a court verdict, or monthly benefits from the government
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
What Can Our Lawyers Do for You?
One of our firm’s water contamination attorneys can take over your case and all of the tasks involved, including:
- Collecting the documents required for your lawsuit and/or claim
- Collecting supplemental documents, such as a statement from a medical professional
- Completing any required forms
- Determining what losses you can claim
- Ensuring your request for compensation meets all of the qualifications
- Filing a lawsuit through the correct court
- Negotiating for a fair financial award
- Litigating your case, if necessary
Additional Services for Camp Lejeune and Flint Water Contamination Victims
If you’re a victim of Camp Lejeune water contamination, you have additional options for compensation. Your attorney can ensure you get a fair disability rating from Veterans Affairs for your Camp Lejeune illness or injury.
If you’re a victim of Flint water contamination, your attorney can refer you for free lead testing. Our team can also give you more information about the government-proposed $600 million settlement (subject to court approval).
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Ben Crump Law, PLLC to Start Your Water Contamination Case
One of the water contamination lawyers from our firm can help you collect the documentation for your case. Our attorneys represent water contamination clients in Pittsburgh, Illinois, New Jersey, North Carolina, Michigan, and other regions.
Contact Ben Crump Law, PLLC today for a free consultation.
Call or text 800-959-1444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form