Indiana’s beautiful capital city is also home to the state’s highest number of motor vehicle accidents. According to the Indiana University Public Policy Institute, Marion County, which includes Indianapolis, had nearly 37,000 collisions in 2018.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a car accident caused by someone else, you could receive damages for medical care, lost pay, car repairs, and other losses.
An Indianapolis car accident lawyer can help you seek this compensation with no upfront costs or out-of-pocket expenses. The team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC, only gets paid if you receive an award for your injuries. For a free case review, call us today at (800) 598-7557.
What You Should Do After a Car Accident
Once the shock of the accident wears off, you might find yourself with more questions than answers. The most important action you can take is to follow your medical provider’s instructions to ensure you have the best possible health outcome.
On your post-accident to-do list, the next thing could be to call the office of an Indianapolis car accident lawyer for a free case review. The team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC, has helped thousands of clients recover damages for car accidents caused by someone’s negligent behavior.
You should know that the at-fault driver’s insurance company might contact you right away, looking to settle your accident claim as quickly and cheaply as possible. You might find it in your best interest to have a car accident lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC, represent you with the insurance adjuster.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Indianapolis, call (800) 598-7557
What We Can Do for You
Every day, thousands of people suffer injuries in car accidents that they did not cause. Unfortunately, some of these injured people may not receive compensation for their damages. The insurance company has a legal department to protect its rights, but not necessarily your rights.
A car accident lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC, can:
- Assess your injuries and damages.
- Valuate your damages, both economic and noneconomic (pain and suffering).
- Identify and communicate with all liable parties and their representatives.
- Seek awards that fully account for the extent of your injuries.
You only have a limited time to pursue damages after a car accident. You could let potential compensation slip away. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC, today to get started.
Indianapolis Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (800) 598-7557
We Help After All Kinds of Accidents
The Indiana University Public Policy Institute found that 217,077 traffic accidents of all kinds occurred statewide in 2018. You can call the team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC, 24/7 for help with seeking compensation after any car accident, including:
- Drunk driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Reckless driving accidents
- Road debris, poor signage, and other hazards
- Manufacturer defects
- Truck accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
Our Process for Seeking Damages
The first step when you call the office of an Indianapolis car accident lawyer is to receive a free case review. They will give you a frank and honest evaluation of your case so you can make an informed choice about your next step.
If you become their client, the process for helping you recover damages might look something like this:
- Collect evidence from the accident scene, including photos, videos (such as red-light cameras), police reports, and witness statements.
- Obtain proof of your injuries, such as medical records and a written evaluation by your healthcare provider on the nature and extent of your injuries and your prognosis.
- Establish liability using the evidence they gathered.
- File an insurance claim and negotiate a settlement.
Many car accidents do not go to court. However, the car accident attorneys at Ben Crump Law, PLLC, can and will take your case to trial if we cannot reach an acceptable settlement. Under Indiana Code § 34-11-2-4, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit.
Conditions of Liability
A car accident lawyer will use the collected evidence, testimony, and documentation to determine liability against the other party using the following factors:
- Establishing that the other driver owed you a duty of care to take reasonable measures to avoid the collision.
- Showing that the other driver breached this duty of care for some reason, such as driving too fast for road conditions or under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Demonstrating how this breach of duty caused your injuries.
- Proving these injuries resulted in damages in the form of medical bills, lost pay, repair bills, and other losses.
Catastrophic injuries such as traumatic brain injury, internal bleeding, or spinal cord injuries could leave you with a mountain of medical bills and other expenses. A lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC, can help you recover monetary awards for these losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Compensation for Car Accident Injuries
Damages from a car accident usually fall into two categories: special (economic) and general (noneconomic). Special damages are specific amounts, such as a bill from your doctor. General damages, also called emotional damages, include awards for pain and suffering. Rarely, a court might also award punitive damages.
Some of the commonly awarded damages for a car accident include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Life care costs
- Lost income
- Reduced earning ability
- Disability or disfigurement
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium or companionship
- Diminished quality of life
Each case is unique, and a car accident lawyer can help you understand what type of damages you might recover.
Call Now for a Free Case Review
If you suffered injuries in a car accident that was not your fault, an Indianapolis car accident lawyer could fight for compensation and justice. The lawyers at Ben Crump Law, PLLC, work on a contingency basis—you pay nothing upfront or out-of-pocket.
You should not have to suffer twice for an accident caused by someone’s negligence. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at (800) 598-7557 for a free case review with a team member.