If you or a family member suffered injuries in a bicycle accident, an Indianapolis bicycle accident lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC can pursue compensation for your injuries and other awards.
Indiana has complicated liability and negligence laws. It may be helpful to have a lawyer guide you through the recovery process. A lawyer with us can help you recover awards on a contingency basis. You pay nothing upfront or out of pocket. We only receive payment as a percentage of what we recover on your behalf.
The sooner you call, the sooner we may be able to help. For a free case review, call (800) 761-5225.
Why You Would Call an Indianapolis Bicycle Accident Lawyer
A bicycle accident lawyer can investigate the cause and circumstance of your accident. Our firm can:
- Review your case for free at your home or the hospital.
- Secure evidence of another party’s liability or wrongdoing.
- Obtain proof of your injuries and an understanding of how they may affect your ability to return to life and work activities.
- File and manage an insurance claim against the other party.
- Negotiate a favorable settlement with the insurance company.
You should not have to pay for someone else’s mistake or recklessness. An Indianapolis bicycle accident lawyer from Ben Crump Law, PLLC will fight for compensation and justice. This gives you time to focus on your health and well-being.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Indianapolis, call 800-761-5225
How We Prove Liability to Pursue Awards on Your Behalf
A bicycle accident attorney can show how the other party caused the accident and your injuries. You may be eligible to seek compensation even if you played a small role in the accident. Proving liability and negligence is a complex process that few people feel comfortable handling on their own.
A lawyer can show liability based on certain conditions, including:
- The other party owed you a duty of care by taking reasonable measures to avoid harming you.
- The other party breached their duty of care by either acting recklessly or not taking necessary action.
- This breach of duty led to your injuries.
- These injuries resulted in financial, physical, and emotional losses, such as medical bills, lost pay, and pain and suffering.
A bicycle accident lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC can collect the necessary evidence to support your claim.
Evidence to Show Liability
It is helpful if you can recall what happened before, during, and after the accident. However, this is not the only source of information that a lawyer can use.
Other evidence in a bicycle accident case might include:
- Police reports
- Witness statements
- Photos and videos of the accident scene, including your damaged bike, skid marks, debris, and other evidence
- Relevant information, such as drug testing or the driver’s history, which may include similar accidents or any traffic violations
It is important to call a bicycle accident lawyer as soon as possible so they can collect this evidence before it is lost.
Indianapolis Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-761-5225
Types of Bicycle Accident Cases We Handle
Our Indianapolis bicycle accident lawyers are familiar with many types of bicycle accident cases, including those that are caused by:
- Drunk drivers
- Distracted drivers
- Reckless drivers
- A driver opening a car door into a bicycle path
- Defective parts or equipment
- Dangerous road conditions
- Hit-and-run accidents
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there is a greater chance of injury or death for bicyclists. These potentially life-threatening injuries can leave you with permanent medical issues, including physical and cognitive impairment, according to the American Association of Family Physicians (AAFP). These injuries include:
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Facial and dental lacerations
- Internal bleeding
- Burns, abrasions, and “road rash”
- Broken bones
- Back injuries
It is important to follow your healthcare provider’s instructions, not only for your own well-being but to avoid jeopardizing your chance for compensation.
Recoverable Awards for Your Bicycle Accident Injuries
A bicycle accident lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC will seek compensation that may include both economic and non-economic awards.
These awards could include:
- Medical bills (ambulance, emergency room, doctor visits, tests, prescriptions, and hospitalization)
- Lost pay because of your injuries
- Property damage, including repair or replacement of your bicycle or personal items
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Reduced earning ability from disability or long-lasting medical issues
If you lost a loved one in a bicycle accident, please accept our sympathy. However, the law protects your rights. You may be eligible for an award through a wrongful death lawsuit, which can help cover final expenses, lost pay, and other losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Know the Rules of the Road
Bicyclists are considered vehicles, according to the Indiana General Assembly (IGA) Code §9-21-11-2. This means that bicycle riders have the same rights and responsibilities as motorists.
There are many places to ride in Indianapolis, and there is no better way to enjoy a warm spring morning or a crisp autumn afternoon than on a bicycle. However, you should know and follow the rules of the road for bicyclists, including:
- Have a white headlamp and red rear lamp or reflector visible from 500 feet away
- If you are on a roadway, ride only where designated, either in the bike lane or if there is no bike lane, on the far-right hand side of the road.
- Obey red lights and stop signs.
- Use hand signals for turns and stops.
Wearing a bicycle helmet can help prevent serious injury or death. It is also smart to wear bright clothing or a reflective vest.
Call a Bicycle Accident Attorney
If you suffered injuries in a bicycle accident that was not your fault, you could pursue compensation for your losses. Call the office of an Indianapolis bicycle accident lawyer to learn about your legal rights and how to pursue awards. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC today: (800) 761-5225.