The birth of a child is a momentous event in a parent’s life. So long as a doctor exercises necessary care and caution, a child’s birth is a memory that every parent will cherish. When medical errors and birth injuries occur, though, the situation is far more complicated. As a result, your family – and your child especially – may face challenges that you never anticipated.
A birth injury attorney serving Minnesota with Ben Crump Law, PLLC, will lead your case from start to finish. You can rely on them to fight for financial support to aid in your child’s recovery.
Ben Crump Law, PLLC, Serves Birth Injury Victims
Ben Crump Law, PLLC, seeks justice for those without a voice. No victim is more voiceless than a child. We understand the immense hardship that birth injuries cause.
Our team will:
- Provide empathetic legal help
- Research your child’s birth injury
- Identify those responsible for your child’s injury
- Take appropriate legal action
Parents shouldn’t have to worry about legal matters when their child is hurting. Our attorneys will be your partners, handling legal matters so that you can focus on your child.
What Qualifies As Medical Malpractice?
You trusted your doctors to do everything in their power to protect you and your child. However, they may have failed both of you, and now you face the painful consequences of a doctor’s negligence. There is a path to justice, and we will identify why medical professionals are liable.
Medical negligence related to birth injuries includes:
- Failing to order an emergency C-section when a child is in danger
- Failing to monitor the child for signs of distress
- Reacting inappropriately to a child’s distress
- Failing to monitor a mother with a high risk for complications
- Administering drugs in an unsafe manner
- Using excessive force when delivering the child
- Using delivery tools like forceps in a dangerous manner
Doctors must be reasonably prepared for complications. As the National Institutes of Health (NIH) explains, medical personnel must “assist by monitoring the situation closely and intervening” when complications arise. Failure to react and respond promptly may qualify as negligence.
Doctors Aren’t Always the Only Responsible Parties in Birth Injury Cases
Doctors are not the only parties who may be responsible for a birth injury, though. Medical facilities, medical device manufacturers, and non-doctor medical staff may have liability. Medical facilities may be negligent if they:
- Failed to properly screen medical personnel
- Provided unsafe medical devices
- Failed to properly monitor doctors
- Endangered your child in any other way
A birth injury lawyer on our team will handle the issue of liability. It may be difficult for you to revisit your child’s injury, and you don’t have to. Ben Crump Law, PLLC, will handle all case-related duties for you.
We’ve Seen How Medical Negligence Affects Families of Injured Children
Birth injuries may fundamentally shift your plans for your child. You will adapt to your unanticipated circumstances, but you may face challenges that you never expected to have.
How a Birth Injury Can Affect a Child
The nature of your child’s injury will determine their symptoms. A birth injury may:
- Impair your child’s physical or cognitive function
- Slow your child’s physical or cognitive development
- Cause painful symptoms like muscle spasms
- Require your child to attend regular therapy
- Prevent your child from engaging in certain physical activities
- Change the quality of your child’s life
A child deserves the same opportunities as other children. When birth injuries occur, a child may face hardships that they do not deserve. As lawyers, we aim to help by holding liable parties accountable.
How a Birth Injury Can Affect Parents
As a parent, you share an unparalleled connection with your child. When they feel pain, you feel pain. This makes a birth injury as devastating for the parent as it is for the child. Parents may:
- Suffer depression, traumatic memories, and stress because of their child’s injury
- Leave their career to care for their child
- Experience significant life changes related to their child’s condition
- Pay for medical care, rehabilitation, medical equipment, and other costs specific to a birth injury
Parents of injured children do their best to remain strong, but they deserve help. Like your child, you are in the midst of a difficult time. Hiring a personal injury lawyer with our firm may ease your load.
Why Hire One of Our Lawyers for Your Minnesota Birth Injury Case?
We see it all the time: parents are so focused on aiding their child’s recovery that they don’t have time to think of anything else. This is a natural and just reaction to a child in distress. You likely don’t have any time to spare, and so we will handle all of your legal needs.
Ben Crump Law, PLLC, will seek a recovery to help cover your child’s medical costs and other losses.
Recoverable Losses in Birth Injury Cases
You and your child may deserve coverage for:
- The cost of negligent medical care
- The cost of medical care to diagnose and treat your child’s injuries
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Medical equipment, which may include walking aids, in-home devices, and a wheelchair-accessible vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Treatment for trauma, which may include medications and counseling
- A part- or full-time caregiver
- Any other losses related to your child’s birth injury
Our team will handle these details. We will investigate your child’s birth injury, obtain medical records, hire experts and specialists, speak with witnesses, and complete settlement talks. We will take your case to trial if necessary.
Our Firm Helps Victims of All Birth Injury Types
If your family is dealing with the effects of a birth injury, then we can help. We represent families with children who’ve suffered:
- Meconium aspiration
- Spinal cord injuries
- Bacterial meningitis/GBS positive
- Erb’s palsy
- Cerebral palsy
- Shoulder dystocia
- Brain injury
- Brain bleed
- Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy (HIE)/oxygen deprivation
- Necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC) from baby formula
- Fractured collarbones
- Any other birth injury
Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC, Today for a Free Consultation
Children who suffer birth injuries in Minnesota deserve a voice. Ben Crump Law, PLLC, takes pride in representing the most vulnerable, and we will proudly serve your family. You can view our case results to see how we’ve helped others in your position.
Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC, today at (800) 641-8998 for your free consultation. We’re available 24/7 to answer your call. Don’t wait.