Being involved in a head-on collision means, more likely than not, experiencing severe bodily trauma. That trauma could take the form of one or more injuries, and those injuries may have left you facing several problems. In certain cases, head-on collisions cause someone to pass away, and this also could be an outcome that you and your loved ones are facing.
Your case is unique, and a Corpus Christi head-on collisions lawyer will approach your case accordingly. They will review how your accident happened, consult with their team, and construct a plan for seeking compensation.
You can speak with our team today by calling Ben Crump, PLLC at (800) 598-7557 for a free consultation.
Head-On Collisions Can Cause Pain and Suffering
The Insurance Information Institute (III) explains that just over ten percent of fatal accidents in 2017 were head-on collisions.
A head-on collision could be particularly bad if:
- One or both vehicles involved in the accident were traveling at high speeds.
- Occupants of any vehicle involved in the collision were not wearing a seatbelt.
- One of the vehicles involved in the collision was a large truck.
- Safety features, such as airbags, did not work.
As the victim of a head-on collision, you could be experiencing great pain and suffering. You may ultimately be able to collect compensation for your losses, which could include the following categories.
Medical expenses may seem to be never-ending when you suffer an injury. Some specific types of medical costs that you may face are:
- The cost to take an ambulance from the scene of your accident
- The cost of being treated in an emergency department
- The cost of hospitalization
- The cost of continued care to monitor and rehabilitate your injury
Medical care may be especially expensive in the case of serious injuries. If your loved one passed away because of a head-on collision, then they may have medical costs, as well.
Pain and Suffering
Pain and suffering is a specific category of damages. Your pain and suffering may be related directly to the injuries that you suffered or your loved one’s passing. Some types of harm that your lawyer may account for as pain and suffering are:
- Psychological trauma
- Emotional trauma
- Specific disorders related to your accident, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- A decline in your quality of life
Medical expenses are one type of economic loss you might suffer after a head-on collision, but it is not the only type of economic loss you could experience. Other types of financial harm you may experience are:
- The cost of repairing your vehicle
- The cost of replacing your vehicle if it was totaled
- Lost earnings if your injury prevent you from working
- Lost earnings from a loved one who passed away
- Reduced earning capacity if your injuries cause lifelong disability
- Diminished earning power
Your Corpus Christi head-on collisions lawyer will record all of the losses that you have suffered because of your accident. Call Ben Crump, PLLC today to begin your case.
For a free legal consultation with a head-on collisions lawyer serving Corpus Christi, call 844-638-1822
Head-On Collisions May Happen Because of Driver Error
When car accidents happen, something has gone wrong. While circumstances such as vehicle defects can cause accidents, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) explains that drivers are usually at fault for collisions.
There are many types of driver errors that could lead to a head-on collision. Such errors could stem from a driver being intoxicated, distracted, or impaired in some other way.
The driver who caused your accident may have:
- Entered a turn lane in an improper way
- Veered out of their own lane because they were distracted
- Veered out of their own lane because they were intoxicated, tired, or losing control of their vehicle for any other reason
- Entered a one-way roadway or on-ramp traveling in the wrong direction
Drivers are legally responsible for their actions, and the driver who caused your head-on collision should face the legal consequences of causing you or a loved one harm.
Corpus Christi Head-On Collisions Lawyer Near Me 844-638-1822
Your Lawyer Will Make Your Case and Defend Your Rights
When a lawyer accepts your case, they agree to fight for any compensation that you or your loved one deserve. As a lawyer, they may have several responsibilities. These include arguing your case, whether through an insurance claim or lawsuit, and defending your rights.
Some of the benefits of hiring a lawyer are as follows.
Hiring a Lawyer Allows You to Recover or Mourn
Having to complete a lawsuit or insurance claim without a lawyer could consume much of your time and attention. When you hire a lawyer, you can spend that time and attention on your own recovery (rest, rehabilitation, and other measures) or coping with the loss of a loved one.
A Lawyer Will Fight for a Settlement
Some lawsuits result in a settlement before going to trial. Your lawyer will aim to secure a settlement for you. If they cannot agree to a settlement, then they will be prepared to take your case to trial.
Call Ben Crump, PLLC Today
If you have suffered as the victim of a head-on collision, then hiring a Corpus Christi head-on collision lawyer may prevent you from experiencing further harm. A lawyer’s services could be helpful whether you have been injured or you have lost a loved one from a head-on accident.
Call Ben Crump, PLLC today at (800) 598-7557 to complete your free consultation.