Whiplash is one of the most common injuries after a car accident. While medical treatment is available for whiplash, some car accident victims have chronic neck pain and other long-term medical conditions.
You should not suffer financially from whiplash and other injuries caused by another party’s wrongdoing or negligence. A Corpus Christi whiplash injury lawyer can help you understand your legal options and pursue damages from the liable party.
Car accidents are one of the leading causes of whiplash. If you or a loved one were hurt after a car accident that was not your fault, please call Ben Crump, PLLC today for a free case evaluation at (800) 598-7557.
Who Could Pay for Your Whiplash Injury
It can be difficult to determine the exact cause of a car accident without a thorough evaluation of the circumstances. An insurance adjuster for the other party may try to shift the responsibility onto you or your loved one. That is when it is helpful to hire a whiplash car accident lawyer who can help establish liability.
Establishing liability is an important step in determining who may be financially responsible for your damages:
- If the other party is primarily responsible for your injuries, he or she should pay for your damages, including medical bills, lost pay, and emotional suffering.
- If you were involved in a car accident with an uninsured driver, your insurance company might cover your damages.
- If you suffered from whiplash after an accident caused by a defective product, the manufacturer could pay your damages.
In some situations, there may be multiple liable parties. A whiplash injury lawyer can objectively examine your case and help you recover compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a whiplash injury lawyer serving Corpus Christi, call 844-638-1822
We Use Evidence to Pursue Compensation
A car accident lawyer with Ben Crump, PLLC understands the burden of proof to pursue compensation from the liable party. We know that there are two sides to every accident, and that is why we use our resources to investigate and secure evidence.
This evidence may be:
- Data that shows the approximate speed that the vehicle was traveling to extrapolate the necessary braking distance
- Photos of the accident scene, including skid marks, debris, and final resting place of your vehicle
- Witness statements and accident reports
- On-board digital information
Our legal team will also talk to your health care provider to better understand the extent and severity of your whiplash so that we can evaluate damages.
Four Elements of Liability
Texas has specific laws on liability and negligence related to personal injury. It can be difficult to navigate these laws on your own. A whiplash injury lawyer understands these statutes as they relate to the four elements of liability:
- Duty of care by the other driver to take reasonable measures in avoiding injury to others
- Breach of care in some manner (such as texting and driving)
- Causation of injuries because of this breach
- Damages created by these injuries
You deserve to know your legal rights, and a member of Ben Crump, PLLC is ready for your call.
Corpus Christi Whiplash Injury Lawyer Near Me 844-638-1822
Understanding a Whiplash Injury
Whiplash is a neck injury caused by a sudden and forceful back-and-forth movement of the neck, much like the cracking of a whip. This movement frequently occurs when one car rear-ends another vehicle. Whiplash is a soft tissue injury that makes it extremely painful to move your head, neck, shoulders, and back.
The Mayo Clinic states that the common medical treatment for whiplash is usually a combination of rest, pain medication, and prescribed exercise.
However, you may be incapacitated for several days, weeks, or even longer, depending on the extent and severity of your condition. If you cannot work during this time and have unplanned medical bills, you and your loved ones may find yourself in a financial crisis.
Ben Crump, PLLC Can Help You Recover Damages
You should not have to pay for damages for an accident caused by another party’s negligence. A Corpus Christi whiplash injury lawyer can protect your rights and seek damages to help you pay for:
- Emergency or urgent care
- Pain medication
- Physical therapy
- Medical equipment (whiplash patients may need a device to stabilize their neck to prevent further injury)
- Lost pay
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage including temporary transportation if your car is not drivable
You pay nothing out of pocket or upfront for a lawyer with our firm to help you. Our lawyers get paid from a percentage of damages we recover on your behalf.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How a Whiplash Car Accident Happens
Car accidents are unplanned and yet inevitable when someone is careless or fails to act. In our experience, the most common factors that lead to a car accident include:
- Driving while intoxicated or high
- Distracted driving (such as texting while driving)
- Driving while fatigued
- Reckless driving
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Driving too fast for weather, road, or traffic conditions
- Following too closely (tailgating)
According to the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI), nearly one-quarter of all motor vehicle accidents are rear-end accidents usually caused by tailgating.
Common Symptoms of Whiplash
Unlike a broken or fractured bone, soft tissue injuries like whiplash usually do not show up on diagnostic imaging tests like X-rays.
It may be several hours or a few days before some people experience these common symptoms of whiplash:
- Neck stiffness, pain, and limited range of motion
- Headaches that start at the bottom of the skull
- Tenderness, pain, or numbness in the upper back, shoulder, or arms
We encourage you to get medical treatment and follow your health care provider’s advice after any car accident, including a collision that causes whiplash.
Let Us Help You with Your Case
A Corpus Christi whiplash injury lawyer can help you recover damages. Call Ben Crump, PLLC today at (800) 598-7557 for a free case review.